How to Bake a Perfect Pie""Bake the Perfect Pie: Step-by-Step Guide

• Thread starter manal950
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker pointed out a mistake on the next-to-last line where the antiderivative was evaluated in the wrong order. They also mentioned the importance of including the differential in every step and making note of limits of integration when making a substitution. The final answer, when rounded to 2 decimal places, is 2.18.
manal950
664448770.jpg

455990286.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
You have a mistake on the next-to-last line. You have evaluated your antiderivative in the wrong order. Inside the parentheses you should have ln(sin(##\pi/2##)) - ln(sin(##\pi/6##)).

Also, the differential -- dx or du -- should appear in every step until you actually get the antiderivative.

When you make your substitution, that's when you should either change your limits of integration or at least make a note that the limits are values of x, not u. Here's what I mean:

$$ \pi \int_{x = \pi/6}^{\pi/2} \frac{du}{u}$$

By including "x = ..." in one of the limits of integration, that reminds you not to use them directly in the antiderivative that you get.

which line I got mistake is last line or what ?

manal950 said:
which line I got mistake is last line or what ?

I said which line in my last post.
Mark44 said:
You have a mistake on the next-to-last line. You have evaluated your antiderivative in the wrong order. Inside the parentheses you should have ln(sin(##\pi/2##)) - ln(sin(##\pi/6##)).

Mark44 said:

Also, the differential -- dx or du -- should appear in every step until you actually get the antiderivative.

I pointed out this same omission in your previous thread.

Is the final answer is = 2.17 ?

Is the final answer will be = 2.17 ?

anyone help ?

If you round to 2 decimal places, the answer is 2.18.

1. What are the essential ingredients needed for a perfect pie?

The essential ingredients for a perfect pie include flour, butter, salt, sugar, and water for the crust. For the filling, you will need fruits, sugar, spices, and sometimes cornstarch or flour as a thickening agent.

2. How do I make a flaky pie crust?

To make a flaky pie crust, start by combining flour, salt, and cold butter in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Slowly add in ice water and continue pulsing until the dough comes together. Roll out the dough on a floured surface and chill in the refrigerator before using.

3. How do I prevent my pie crust from becoming soggy?

To prevent a soggy pie crust, make sure to blind bake the crust before adding the filling. Blind baking means partially baking the crust without the filling. You can also brush the bottom of the crust with a beaten egg white before baking to create a barrier between the crust and the filling.

4. How do I know when my pie is done baking?

The best way to know when a pie is done is by inserting a toothpick into the center of the pie. If it comes out clean, the pie is done. You can also check the crust for a golden brown color. If the crust is browning too quickly, you can cover it with foil to prevent it from burning.

5. How do I prevent my pie crust from shrinking?

To prevent your pie crust from shrinking, make sure to handle the dough gently and avoid stretching it when placing it into the pie dish. You can also refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes before rolling it out, as this will help relax the gluten in the dough and prevent shrinking during baking.