1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Find time, vyf, vx

1. Oct 18, 2014 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Change in X=0.104m/s
    Change in Y=.067m/s

Find time, Vy final and Vx.

This is probably extremely simple, but I can't seem to figure it out. Once I understand how to do this one I can do the rest.

Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 18, 2014 #2

gneill

Staff: Mentor

What are the units of Vy and Vx? Do you have enough information in your given data to deliver those units in a calculation?

4. Oct 18, 2014 #3

mfb

2016 Award

Without further information, this is impossible. Please give the full, exact problem statement.

5. Oct 18, 2014 #4
    It is all m/s. I think I figured it out. I used a vertical equation y=vinitialy(t)+1/2(9.8)(t)^2 to find the time, then used vx=x/t to get vx, and finally vfinaly=9.8t to get the final velocity.

6. Oct 18, 2014 #5
    There is not a problem statement, these are results from a demonstration that we are asked to calculate the time, final vertical velocity, and horizontal velocity of.

7. Oct 18, 2014 #6

gneill

Okay, but there is no way that we could know that unless you tell us. A description of the demonstration and the goal of your calculation would have helped us to help you more quickly.

Good luck in your studies!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted