• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

Find time, vyf, vx

• Thread starter Guphanti
  • Start date
1. Homework Statement

Change in X=0.104m/s
Change in Y=.067m/s

Find time, Vy final and Vx.

This is probably extremely simple, but I can't seem to figure it out. Once I understand how to do this one I can do the rest.

Thanks.

Last edited:

gneill

Mentor
1. Homework Statement

Change in X=0.104m
Change in Y=.067m

Find time, Vy final and Vx.

This is probably extremely simple, but I can't seem to figure it out. Once I understand how to do this one I can do the rest.

Thanks.
What are the units of Vy and Vx? Do you have enough information in your given data to deliver those units in a calculation?

Without further information, this is impossible. Please give the full, exact problem statement.

What are the units of Vy and Vx? Do you have enough information in your given data to deliver those units in a calculation?
It is all m/s. I think I figured it out. I used a vertical equation y=vinitialy(t)+1/2(9.8)(t)^2 to find the time, then used vx=x/t to get vx, and finally vfinaly=9.8t to get the final velocity.

Without further information, this is impossible. Please give the full, exact problem statement.
There is not a problem statement, these are results from a demonstration that we are asked to calculate the time, final vertical velocity, and horizontal velocity of.

gneill

Mentor
There is not a problem statement, these are results from a demonstration that we are asked to calculate the time, final vertical velocity, and horizontal velocity of.
Okay, but there is no way that we could know that unless you tell us. A description of the demonstration and the goal of your calculation would have helped us to help you more quickly.

Good luck in your studies!