Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Find Vertical Displacement

1. Dec 24, 2016 #1
    Hi everyone, I'm a programmer, I'm doing a program for the simulation of some experimental data, the data is recorded by a device and that the register is the acceleration components along the (x, y, z), time (starting from 0, and aumentanto of each recording delta t), orientation (azimuth, roll, pitch), my goal is to be able to extrapolate a graph (elevation, time), the data is recorded by a device inside a passenger compartment, with the y-axis pointing upwards. I read a lot about projectile motion, I think it's what I have to simulate substantially.
    So for the calculation of the elevation, I would have thought to apply this formula:
    y = Viy * t + 0.5 * aiy * t2
    I thought to derive the speed through the Euler method, since dispose of acceleration and time data.
    From this speed I should now extrapolate the vertical and horizontal speed, and if I understand correctly, the formula should be:
    Viy =Vi * sin (Φ), the problem for me is to calculate precisely the angle Φ.
    There is a way to calculate this angle?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted