Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Finding an REU/Internship

1. Dec 18, 2008 #1
    I'm a Sophomore at a Pennsylvania state university and my GPA is around a 3.4. I was hoping to get some kind of research opportunity over the summer. I've been looking for REU's using the NSF's list on their website and a website called compadre.com. However, these are pretty competitive, and GPA isn't that great. Am I just psyching myself out, or is it unlikely that I can get a position at one of those places? How else can I find a research opportunity over the summer?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 18, 2008 #2

Vid

It's free to apply so just give it your best shot.

4. Dec 18, 2008 #3

eri

Have you done any research at your university? I did an internship at a neighboring university after my freshman year, and as a consequence got into half the REU programs I applied for the next summer. They really like it if you've already had some experience. You can apply for a bunch of REUs, but also ask around - Penn State has some great departments, you could find a really good project right there.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook