1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Finding an REU/Internship

1. Dec 18, 2008 #1
    I'm a Sophomore at a Pennsylvania state university and my GPA is around a 3.4. I was hoping to get some kind of research opportunity over the summer. I've been looking for REU's using the NSF's list on their website and a website called compadre.com. However, these are pretty competitive, and GPA isn't that great. Am I just psyching myself out, or is it unlikely that I can get a position at one of those places? How else can I find a research opportunity over the summer?
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 18, 2008 #2

It's free to apply so just give it your best shot.
  4. Dec 18, 2008 #3

Have you done any research at your university? I did an internship at a neighboring university after my freshman year, and as a consequence got into half the REU programs I applied for the next summer. They really like it if you've already had some experience. You can apply for a bunch of REUs, but also ask around - Penn State has some great departments, you could find a really good project right there.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?