1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Finding electric flux

1. Sep 11, 2005 #1
    Hello everyone. I'm having troubles figuring out part 2 of this problem, and also can u see if i did part 1 correctly? To me it looks like the flux is going to be equal, if the E-field is in the i direction or in the z direction but somthing tells me how can the angle be the same in both cases? THe directions and my work is in the picture below, thanks.
    FLUX

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 11, 2005 #2
    [tex] \int E \cdot dA = \ flux [/tex], with a uniform field it just becomes E dot A. All you have to do is the dot product of your two vectors for both of them. For aprt b) the angle between the two vectors is not 67.4.

Hint, teh first vector lies completely on the xy plane..

4. Sep 11, 2005 #3
    Ahh Thanks!!
    for part (b) it would be flux of 0 wouldn't it? because the E field is perpendicular to the Area vector which is cos(90) = 0. Right?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?