Finding I2 and Vab - Help to Solve Eq.3

• Thread starter PainterGuy
  • Start date
In summary, I2 and Vab are variables used to represent electric current and voltage in Eq.3, which is used to calculate power dissipation in a circuit. Finding these values is important for understanding the behavior and efficiency of the circuit. To solve Eq.3, you can use Ohm's Law and Kirchhoff's Voltage Law. Common mistakes when solving Eq.3 include unit conversions, incorrect values, and misapplication of laws. Other methods, such as Thevenin's Theorem or Norton's Theorem, can also be used, but may require more advanced knowledge.
PainterGuy
Hi, :smile:

I need to find I2 and Vab. You will find all the details in the provided link: http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9260/i2vab.jpg

I am sure my answers are wrong because when I put the values in eq.3 it is not satisfied. But I have failed to see where I go wrong. Please help me with it. Many thanks.

Cheers

Physics news on Phys.org
Your value for I2 looks suspicious.

Many thanks, gneil. Now mI see that my value is wrong.

What is the meaning of I2 and Vab in Eq.3?

I2 and Vab are variables that represent electric current and voltage, respectively. In Eq.3, they are used to calculate the power dissipated in a circuit.

Why is it important to find I2 and Vab?

Finding I2 and Vab allows us to calculate the power dissipation in a circuit, which is crucial in understanding the behavior and efficiency of the circuit.

How can I solve Eq.3 to find I2 and Vab?

To solve Eq.3, you can use Ohm's Law (V=IR) and Kirchhoff's Voltage Law (KVL). By substituting the known values and solving for the unknown variables, you can find the values of I2 and Vab.

What are some common mistakes when solving Eq.3?

Some common mistakes when solving Eq.3 include forgetting to convert units, using incorrect values for resistance or voltage, or misapplying Ohm's Law or KVL.

Can I use a different method to solve Eq.3?

Yes, there are other methods that can be used to solve Eq.3, such as Thevenin's Theorem or Norton's Theorem. However, these methods may be more complex and require additional knowledge of circuit analysis.