Finding it difficult to handle

• Medical
  • Thread starter kalidas1992
  • Start date
In summary, the person is struggling with intense jealousy and anger towards their significant other for talking to other friends. This has escalated to self-harm and they are seeking help to overcome this destructive behavior. It is advised that they seek professional help as soon as possible to address this issue.
kalidas1992
First of all let me say about myself...I am a calm reserved type of guy and i started to develop my desire on a girl who was my friend from my 10th grade back in school... from den if i find her talking to some guy i will feel something different and i started showing that to her from my 12th grade. she accepted my inability to accept the fact that she is talking with them friendly as i had fear of losing her(she was my friend only). the real problem started after my second year in college i started scolding her and got anger on her if she said that i talked to this boy or that boy..
To the extreme once i cut my hand and got admitted in hospital too...i know how much she loves me and cares for me, but i could not digest the fact that she is talking to some guy(her friends in class). sometimes i will understand her and sometimes i will scold her.. i want to get rid of this worst habit of mine and i don't know how...i don't know how to develop myself to accept the true fact that she s talking with every of her friends friendly... please any1 help me to stay normal or i don't know weder i m having any disorder...if i m having any disorder i dnt want to ruin her life getting anger on her for all silly things... if i am getting anger I am taking it to extreme..this habit of mine hurts her the most but she continues to stay with me really i dnt want to hurt her anymore
please help me...

Biology news on Phys.org
It is very important that you seek professional help immediately. Contact your doctor and book and appointment as soon as possible. Moods like this that lead so self harm are not things that should be ignored. Meet a doctor and discuss treatment options.

We cannot help you on this site as we do not provide medical advice or counselling services. If you want to a forum that deals with this sort of thing I'd suggest depressionforums, they have sections specifically for self harm as well. You must, must, must see a doctor though.

Best wishes.

1. Why do some people find it difficult to handle certain situations?

There can be many reasons why someone may have difficulty handling certain situations. It could be due to past experiences, lack of skills or resources, mental health issues, or simply feeling overwhelmed.

2. How can I better handle difficult situations?

There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question as everyone's coping mechanisms may differ. However, some strategies that can be helpful include taking deep breaths, talking to a trusted friend or therapist, practicing mindfulness, and seeking support from loved ones.

3. Is it normal to struggle with handling difficult emotions?

Yes, it is completely normal to have difficulty handling difficult emotions. Emotions can be complex and overwhelming, and it is important to acknowledge and validate them rather than trying to push them away.

4. Can therapy or counseling help with learning to handle difficult situations?

Yes, therapy or counseling can be very beneficial in learning to handle difficult situations. A trained professional can provide tools and techniques tailored to your specific needs, as well as a safe space to explore and process your emotions.

5. How can I support someone who is struggling to handle a difficult situation?

The best way to support someone who is struggling is to listen to them without judgment, validate their feelings, and offer your help and support. You can also encourage them to seek professional help if needed.