1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Finding job

1. Nov 14, 2008 #1
    Hey guys i was just wondering how hard is it to find a job after getting a BS in EE because today my professor said he has been in the industry for about 10 years and it isn't easy getting a job and he told us to just go to grad school instead, which is kind of discouraging so i was just wondering which path to take.
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 14, 2008 #2
    I recommend following your Professors advice because EE is in demand, but at the same time it is highly studied, lot's of people are doing it now just like me. Going to Graduate school may be the best of option where you can gain experience and specialize in a specific area of your liking. If you can afford it do it. Its very competitive and having a secondary Degree does make a difference in getting a job. If you wanna work then go ahead, but once that other guy (or me for example) that actually bothered to make effort in continuing his Education, gets out of Grad School he'll come back and bite you in your butt and take your job. Not matter how you see it, if you wanna be an Engineer over here you have to keep up with Technology and continue to learn but if not then Goodbye you'll be left behind in the dust.
  4. Nov 14, 2008 #3
    I agree with Hippo and your professor. I am sure that you will be able to find a job as engineers are in high demand these days but it is definitely worth your time to go to grad school. The amount of information and skills you obtain from those short couple years in school will make a distinctive difference in the next 40 years of your career.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?