Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Finding Nemo

1. Jan 4, 2004 #1

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The movie came out in Europe a few weeks ago (I know, really late) and I watched it yesterday and it was SOO FUNNY!! That character of the shortterm memory fish was just so funny :)

But wasn't there some kind controversy about the movie which I missed?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 4, 2004 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

A French author has filed a plagiarism lawsuit against Disney & Pixar films claiming that Nemo looks like his fish.

4. Jan 4, 2004 #3

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

really..

5. Jan 4, 2004 #4

Remember the 3rd girl I was talking about? Finding Nemo was one of her favorite, aside from Miss Congeniality, Bruce Almighty, What a girl wants,. etc...

6. Jan 4, 2004 #5

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There's more to life than women, Prudens!

7. Jan 4, 2004 #6
    Thanks, your banal will be on my wall now.

8. Jan 5, 2004 #7
    I don't know by Controversy what are you pointing to...but I liked the movie very much that I've bought the DVD :)

I like specially that part:
    The effort of the father to find his only child and a child's respect and pride for his father awsome :)

Actually anything Pixar and Disney make is a Classic :)

I still remember, Monster Inc. one of the best animation movies I've ever seen :)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2004
  9. Jan 6, 2004 #8
    Only on a physics website...

10. Jan 16, 2004 #9
    I saw the movie and liked it. I cannot think of any controversy it would stir but maybe I missed it. For an animated film, which I hardly ever see, I liked it. I may go see Cat in Hat soon?? Timejim.

11. Jan 16, 2004 #10

jimmy p

Gold Member

OH PUH-LEEZ NOT Cat in Hat, that looks so dire that i cant believe it made it to the box office, its been slated constantly here in Britain. I remember it got -ve points in a magazine and every film got an extra 2 points because they WERENT Cat in Hat!!!

Finding Nemo is funny, i reckon the seagulls were the best!

12. Jan 16, 2004 #11

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

*mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! mine!*

I really liked when that girly fish started talking whale,
    I was almost literally rolling on the floor!

13. Jan 16, 2004 #12

jimmy p

Gold Member

i thought they said *mate, mate* cos they were australian

14. Jan 16, 2004 #13

Evo

Re: Re: Finding Nemo

No one reads my posts.

15. Jan 16, 2004 #14

jimmy p

Gold Member

i read them Evo!! but i couldnt find a comment which didnt include a swear-word, so i thought "if you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all" but i do acknowledge your posts!!

16. Jan 16, 2004 #15

Evo

ROFL!!!!

Chopnik, I like you more each day. Oh, and my advice for your upcoming interview...Stilletto heels...footwear/lethal weapon, you can't go wrong. :wink:

17. Jan 16, 2004 #16

LURCH

Science Advisor

I just saw the movie during the Holidays, a friend of mine ("mine?mine?mine?") has it on DVD. Great movie, much to my suprise. I was sure it would be a musical, nearly all animated films are.

They also had the extended version of The Two Towers, so we watched that a couple of days later. You know the part where Gullum dives into that pool and comes up with the fish, and while he's singing, it almost wrigglles out of his grasp? I started singing, "just keep swimming, just keep swimming..." untill he bashed its head in on the rocks. Then my friend's wife pummelled me about the head and shoulders.[b(]

Maybe I watch too much MST3K.

18. Jan 17, 2004 #17

jimmy p

Gold Member

Ok, heavy make-up, short skirt, shaved legs and killer heels it is. I'm gonna feel like a drag queen. At least it will be a fresh front for the interviewers. :wink:

I am glad i provide merriment to your life Evo. It makes whittling my social life away more worthwhile!

19. Jan 17, 2004 #18

Evo

You will have to post a picture on PF. Chopnikindrag.jpg :wink:

More than you will ever know. Hey, can I adopt you??? I have two daughters, no son.

20. Jan 18, 2004 #19

jimmy p

Gold Member

Woot, free feel, i'll just pack my bags and tell my parents that i am going to a friends house....in america....for a few years... i gotta think of a better reason!!

21. Jan 18, 2004 #20

Evo

Just call me mom!

I can't wait to tell my daughters that they are going to have a new brother.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?