Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Finding Parts in OrCAD

1. Mar 23, 2016 #1
    Hi All,

I am trying to make a simple diagram that uses some basic parts like switches, light bulbs, fuse holders, but I am having a difficulty finding these parts in OrCad Capture. Not sure if those parts are part of their libraries, or I need another program from that. The reason I am using Orcad, is because I want to use Pspice to simulate and calculate volatges through the circuit.. Any idea?

thanks in Advanced!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 23, 2016 #2
    I had the same problem when I started using Orcad. It is a difficult tool to figure out on your own.

In your capture schematic you have to add a symbol library from C:\Cadence\SPB_16.6\tools\capture\library. There is a list of *.olb's (symbol libraries) there. Once you insert this into your design then you can try to place a part, select the library and then you will see a list of parts in the library along with the symbols. Hope this helps.

4. Mar 23, 2016 #3
    thanks,

I was able to add the libraries, I also found in ANL_MISC library some of the components that I need..
    It has a very steep learning curve.. But looking for a common part should not be so difficult, Unless I am using the
    wrong software for it. I will keep looking

If one has more ideas, will be great thanks

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted