Find Parts for OrCAD Capture | Simple Diagrams

• Thread starter Gerardo Ortega
  • Start date
  • Tags
    parts
In summary: In your capture schematic you have to add a symbol library from C:\Cadence\SPB_16.6\tools\capture\library. In summary, the conversation discusses the difficulty of finding basic parts in Orcad Capture for creating a circuit diagram. One person suggests adding a symbol library from a specific location and another person shares their experience with using Orcad. They also mention the steep learning curve and ask for more ideas on finding parts.
Gerardo Ortega
Hi All,

I am trying to make a simple diagram that uses some basic parts like switches, light bulbs, fuse holders, but I am having a difficulty finding these parts in OrCad Capture. Not sure if those parts are part of their libraries, or I need another program from that. The reason I am using Orcad, is because I want to use Pspice to simulate and calculate volatges through the circuit.. Any idea?

thanks in Advanced!

Engineering news on Phys.org
I had the same problem when I started using Orcad. It is a difficult tool to figure out on your own.

In your capture schematic you have to add a symbol library from C:\Cadence\SPB_16.6\tools\capture\library. There is a list of *.olb's (symbol libraries) there. Once you insert this into your design then you can try to place a part, select the library and then you will see a list of parts in the library along with the symbols. Hope this helps.

Likes berkeman
thanks,

I was able to add the libraries, I also found in ANL_MISC library some of the components that I need..
It has a very steep learning curve.. But looking for a common part should not be so difficult, Unless I am using the
wrong software for it. I will keep looking

If one has more ideas, will be great thanks

Gerardo Ortega said:
thanks,

I was able to add the libraries, I also found in ANL_MISC library some of the components that I need..
It has a very steep learning curve.. But looking for a common part should not be so difficult, Unless I am using the
wrong software for it. I will keep looking

If one has more ideas, will be great thanks
You can find libraries this way:

1. How do I find parts for OrCAD Capture?

To find parts for OrCAD Capture, you can use the Part Search function within the software. Simply click on the Part Search button, enter the keyword or part number, and click search. You can also browse through the available parts libraries.

2. Can I import custom parts into OrCAD Capture?

Yes, you can import custom parts into OrCAD Capture by creating a new library or by importing a pre-existing library. You can also create custom parts by using the Component Editor tool.

3. Is there a limit to the number of parts I can use in OrCAD Capture?

There is no specific limit to the number of parts you can use in OrCAD Capture. However, the software does have a maximum limit for the total number of components in a schematic. This limit can vary depending on the version of the software you are using.

4. How do I create a new symbol for a part in OrCAD Capture?

To create a new symbol for a part in OrCAD Capture, you can use the Symbol Editor tool. This tool allows you to create custom symbols by drawing shapes and adding pins. Once the symbol is created, you can save it to a library and use it in your designs.

5. Can I search for specific parts from a specific manufacturer in OrCAD Capture?

Yes, you can search for specific parts from a specific manufacturer in OrCAD Capture. You can use the Part Search function and filter the results by manufacturer name. You can also add custom manufacturer part libraries to your OrCAD Capture software.