What are the parameters in the voltage equation for finding power and current?

In summary, power is the rate at which energy is transferred or converted, while current is the flow of electric charge through a circuit. Power is measured in watts (W) and can be calculated by multiplying voltage (V) by current (A), while current is measured in amperes (A) using an ammeter. The amount of power and current in a circuit can be affected by voltage, resistance, type of components, and wire length and thickness. AC flows in both directions and constantly changes in amplitude and direction, while DC flows in only one direction with a constant magnitude. Power and current can be controlled by using devices like resistors, capacitors, and inductors, as well as different types of power sources such as
challarao
1. A 50. 0 Ω resistance has a voltage v = 115.0 sin 185t (V). Find the corresponding current i and power p.

2. Voltage(V)=current(I)*resistance(R)

3. I don't know what 115.0 and 185 are..? Except that all is well..

Please tell me what are the parameters in V equation in the problem..

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
115.0 is the amplitude of the voltage, units are (or should be) volts.

185 is the angular frequency for the sine function. It's units are (or should be) radians/second.

What is power and current?

Power is the rate at which energy is transferred or converted, while current is the flow of electric charge through a circuit.

How do you measure power and current?

Power is measured in watts (W) and can be calculated by multiplying voltage (V) by current (A). Current is measured in amperes (A) using a device called an ammeter.

What affects the amount of power and current in a circuit?

The amount of power and current in a circuit can be affected by the voltage, resistance, and type of components used in the circuit. The length and thickness of the wires used can also impact the flow of current.

What is the difference between AC and DC current?

AC (alternating current) flows in both directions, constantly changing in amplitude and direction, while DC (direct current) flows in only one direction with a constant magnitude. AC is typically used for power distribution, while DC is commonly used in electronics.

How can power and current be controlled or regulated?

Power and current can be controlled by using devices such as resistors, capacitors, and inductors to change the amount of voltage and current in a circuit. Additionally, using different types of power sources (such as batteries or generators) can also impact the amount of power and current in a circuit.