1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Finding real numbers

1. Oct 12, 2016 #1
    • Member warned that posted questions must include an attempt
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Please see questions (c) and (e) on the attachement

2.Relevant Equations

3. The attempt at a solution
    So long story short, these two questions were given out as a challenge in one of our Swedish lessons to see if we could remember our high school calculus, which I shamefully have to admit I cannot.

I've done a search through the forums but unable to find any relevant information that could help me solve these equations.
    If anybody is willing, could someone post links, or steer me in the right direction that could help me solve these?

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 12, 2016 #2

fresh_42

Staff: Mentor

Do you remember the binomial formula for ##(a+b)^2## and long division by hand?

4. Oct 12, 2016 #3

Ray Vickson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I (and most other helpers) refuse to help you because you post a sideways image instead of typing out the problem. I can see an (almost-unreadable) image on my laptop computer, but cannot see anything at all on my i-phone.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted