?Finding threads you've posted to? - UserCP

• Thread starter J-Man
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about finding a way to see all the threads one has posted in the last few days. The options in the User Control Panel only allow for subscribing to forums or threads, which the person does not want to do. They wonder if subscribing to a forum will show recent posts. Another person explains that forum/thread subscriptions are for email notifications when there are new posts. The first person clarifies that they only want to receive emails if they click the "Email Notification" checkbox when posting. Subscriptions are organized in the user control panel to make it easier to keep track of forums and threads. Someone suggests doing a search with their username to find all topics they have replied to, ordered by most recent. The conversation ends with
J-Man
Is there a way to see what threads you've posted to in the last x days? (Like in PF2.)
The only thing I see in the User Control Panel is to subscribe to forums/threads, Which I'd rather not bother to do right now. But I would like to be able to see if I forgot to check for replies where I post ocassionally.
Maybe subscribing to a forum will show me where I've posted recently? Anybody know?
What exactly are forum/thread subscricptions anyway? I think it's to send you an e-mail when there are posts to a thread you're subscribed to, is this correct?

Physics news on Phys.org
I think it's to send you an e-mail when there are posts to a thread you're subscribed to, is this correct?

You should only receive an email if you click the checkbox "Email Notification" when posting a topic or reply.

Subscriptions are organized in your user cp. Help you keep track of forums and threads easier.

Try doing a search, but leave the keyword box blank and seach by your username. It will return all topics you've replied in, ordered by most recent.

Greg Bernhardt wisely said:
Try doing a search, but leave the keyword box blank and seach by your username. It will return all topics you've replied in, ordered by most recent.
That's the ticket!
Gracias.

(edit: wrong smiley)

Last edited:

1. How can I find threads that I've posted to on UserCP?

To find threads that you've posted to on UserCP, click on the "UserCP" link at the top of the page. Then, click on the "Subscribed Threads" tab on the left side of the page. This will show you a list of all the threads that you are subscribed to, including the ones you have posted in.

2. Can I filter the threads to only show the ones I've posted in?

Yes, you can filter the threads to only show the ones you've posted in by clicking on the "Your Threads" tab on the left side of the page. This will only show the threads that you have started or replied to.

3. Is there a way to search for specific threads I've posted to?

Yes, you can search for specific threads you've posted to by using the search bar located at the top of the "Subscribed Threads" or "Your Threads" pages. Simply type in a keyword or phrase from the thread you are looking for and click "Search".

4. How can I see which posts I've made in a specific thread?

To see which posts you've made in a specific thread, click on the thread title from the "Subscribed Threads" or "Your Threads" pages. This will take you to the thread where you can view all posts, including your own.

5. Can I unsubscribe from a thread I've posted in?

Yes, you can unsubscribe from a thread you've posted in by clicking on the thread title from the "Subscribed Threads" or "Your Threads" pages. Then, click on the "Thread Tools" dropdown menu and select "Unsubscribe from this Thread". This will remove the thread from your subscribed list.