1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Finding torque from gyroscopic effect

1. May 22, 2017 #1
    Hello everyone, I have a problem while calculate dynamic for gyroscope system on bicycle. I use Lagrange's equation for modelling precession effect, with generalized coordinate is a angular, the applied generalized force will be a torque. The model of gyroscope system like picture below:

upload_2017-5-22_17-18-34.png

I've found it in many papers but just got only one equation like this one and I still not understood it:
    • torque of gyro = angular momentum of gyro * angular velocity of gimbal axis (1)
    For calculate the torque, I just know the way like this:
    upload_2017-5-22_17-11-22.png
    That equation above seem not related with the equation I have found (1). If you have any idea for solve this problem, please tell me. I would be very appreciated for your help.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. May 27, 2017 #2
    Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted