1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Finding Torque problem!

1. May 4, 2008 #1
    Hi friends and Sir's ,

I am stumbled upon a problem and unable to solve it , can any one tell me what will be the torque at A and how you did that?

here is my problem :
    http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/550/torquexu4.png

thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. May 4, 2008 #2

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

Please describe the problem completely (a diagram is not enough--explain the problem) and, most importantly, show your solution so far and where you are stuck.

4. May 4, 2008 #3
    I already told my question that i need to find the torque about point A but i am having problem with the torque 20 nm that how to or resolve that torque about A .
    Btw the distance btw 4m line and point a is also 4 m. My semster exams are on 7 may. So please just tell me how to solve it.
    Thanksss

btw

5. May 4, 2008 #4

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

I assume that the 20 Nm is an external torque. You can view it as acting on the body as a whole.

6. May 4, 2008 #5
    Can you be little more descriptive this doesn't clears my concept at all! means can you tell me
    with easy language that how to solve if torque is given on other point (x,y) and some forces then how to find torque about a point (x1,y1) (means on another coordinate) , thanks again

7. May 6, 2008 #6
    no one else? , thanks in advance!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?