What is the volume of 1 g of butter with a density of 0.92 g/cm^3?

• Thread starter tobyguy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Volume
In summary, to find the volume of 1 gram of butter, we first need to find the density of the butter by dividing its mass (110 g) by its volume (120 cm^3). This gives us a density of 0.917 g/cm^3. To find the volume of 1 gram of butter, we then divide 1 gram by the density, giving us a volume of 1.091 cm^3.
tobyguy
Can someone help me on finding volume of butter. the stick has 120 cm^3 and a mass of 110 g. So what is the volume of 1 g of butter.
I know you have to find density of 110/120 = .92 but then I get stuck what's next. thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
tobyguy said:
Can someone help me on finding volume of butter. the stick has 120 cm^3 and a mass of 110 g. So what is the volume of 1 g of butter.
I know you have to find density of 110/120 = .92 but then I get stuck what's next. thanks

By definition:
{Density} = {Mass}/{Volume}
Solving for Volume, we get:
{Volume} = {Mass}/{Density}

From the problem statement, we have:
{Density} = (110 g)/(120 cm^3) = (0.917 g/cm^3)

Thus, for your required 1 gram of butter:
{Volume of 1 gram} = {1 gram}/{0.917 g/cm^3}

{Volume of 1 gram} = 1.091 cm^3

Thanks! Much appreciated.

1. How do you measure the volume of butter?

The volume of butter can be measured by using a measuring cup or spoon. Simply scoop or pour the butter into the measuring tool and make sure it is level with the top of the cup or spoon.

2. Can the volume of butter change depending on its shape?

Yes, the volume of butter can change depending on its shape. If the butter is in a block or stick form, it will have a defined volume. However, if the butter is melted or spread out, its volume will decrease.

3. Is there a specific unit of measurement for butter volume?

Yes, the most common unit of measurement for butter volume is the tablespoon (tbsp). However, it can also be measured in other units such as cups, ounces, or grams.

4. How accurate does the volume measurement of butter need to be for a recipe?

The accuracy of the butter volume measurement depends on the recipe. Some recipes may require precise measurements, while others are more forgiving. It is always best to follow the recipe instructions for the best results.

5. Can the volume of butter be converted to weight?

Yes, the volume of butter can be converted to weight. One tablespoon of butter is equal to about 14 grams. However, this conversion may vary depending on the type of butter (salted vs unsalted) and its density.