Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Finest Grade of Digital Crack ever created by man

1. Nov 7, 2004 #1

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Just wondering if anyone else is participating in the World of Warcraft open beta?

I have sunk more hours than I care to admit into it this weekend. The game is amazing. Warning: If you are a video game addict, do not download it, or you will fail out of school. Avoid my fate! :devil:

If it's already too late for you, I'm playing Alliance on the 'Test 13' world. Character name: Nitra. L17 Human Warrior w/ Mining/Blacksmithing/Fishing/Cooking.

Look me up.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 7, 2004 #2
    HI My names Miles' and I have a problem :blushing: :smile: :smile:

Being a long time fan of Blizzard games ive been following this game since they annouced it. Im in a clan thats going to be Horde on a PvP server once retail comes out in 15 more days 17 hours and 43 minutes. :rofl:

4. Nov 7, 2004 #3
    Hi My name is Dekoi and i have an addiction.

I play too much of first person shooter games.

I fear that if i download this game, it will ruin my life.

Can anyone help?

5. Nov 7, 2004 #4
    Level 17? Dude, how much time do you have?

6. Nov 7, 2004 #5
    Who cares. At least he is a Mentor on Physics Forums. I'll fail school for that. :tongue:

7. Nov 7, 2004 #6
    Nothing wrong with that. I wish I had that much time.

8. Nov 7, 2004 #7
    Ehhh before my friend went away we used to play diablo 2 for 16 hours straight, go to bed, and do it again. It's even better when you have two computers right next to eachother, endless fun.

But yes, bad on the grades...

9. Nov 8, 2004 #8

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This weekend. Strangely, I had a decent amount. Not sleeping also affected it a bit.

I need to tone down over the week though... WiThDrAwL SyMpToMs!!!1!!!

10. Nov 8, 2004 #9
    I havn't followed at all World of Warcraft, infact all I know about it comes from this threat, but I know from
    that its no use trying.
    (I'm gonna have nightmares about runescape tonight)
    So, yeah. I hate these games.

11. Nov 8, 2004 #10

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

They're not so confusing.

You have your basic class whether it's mage, fighter, druid, or whatever.

You also have the ability to train to make stuff. I'm a miner and a blacksmith. Ore deposits show up on the map and I can mine them and then smelt the ore into metal. The smith skills let me turn the metal (and other stuff) into kickin' weapons and armor. You can only select 2 professions. Other options are skinning & leatherworking (which turns killed animals into leather armor), herbalism & alchemy (which collects plants from the map to turn into potions and other buffs), tailoring which makes bags, clothes, and cloth armor for mages, engineering which makes guns, bombs and other fun devices, and enchanting which powers up weapons and armor. Fishing, cooking, and first aid are secondary skills which everyone can get.

It's so good. *drool* I can't stop. Someone help me. :frown: :cry:

12. Nov 8, 2004 #11
    hmmm I'm trying to setup, but how do I get an Authentication Key? I'm a little unsure how I sign up for this

13. Nov 8, 2004 #12

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The open beta will be up in a day or two - my guess is sometime before Wednesday. If you are a member at Fileplanet you can get a key for an early viewing. The membership was like $8 for a month's membership. I did it last Wednesday, and it was worth it. I wouldn't recommend dropping the cash at this point. There was a large patch last night, so my guess is they're almost ready to accept applications for the free open beta. Just keep checking back.

14. Nov 8, 2004 #13
    Reminds me of runescape. Very, very addictive and harmful to your grades...

15. Nov 8, 2004 #14

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Speaking of which:

16. Nov 8, 2004 #15

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

A buddy of mine has told me that Fileplanet is already out of keys. Try to log onto www.blizzard.com

They're apparantly slower than molasses from all the bandwidth they're pulling.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?