Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Firefighter UFO Training

1. Feb 20, 2008 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Normally I would put something like this in the UFO news thread, but this was too good to pass up. :biggrin: Too funny!!! And it's not a first. For a time there was a generally distributed manual that discussed how firefighters should handle a UFO [alien spacecraft] crash scene.

http://www.abc15.com/content/news/webxtra/story.aspx?content_id=da856bf0-e039-4a0b-8d5c-66bc5ff51e75

Here is a reference to the older story that I mentioned. As you can imagine the ET crowd went nuts over this.
    http://www.pulsejournal.com/news/content/news/2004/12/09/pj1209japantv.html

Given that we have never experienced difficulties with crashed alien spacecrafts, it would seem that training for events having slightly better odds of occurring might be worth considering. :biggrin:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 20, 2008 #2
    If it were me, I would have included that chapter as a joke. Maybe this guy did, too?

I'd think that a UFO crash landing would be no different than a plane crash landing or something similar. Nobody will care about what exactly hit the ground at first. They will just freak out that there is something big in front of them that fell from the sky.

4. Feb 21, 2008 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If you think about it, using a UFO crash as a training exercise makes sense. There is a high degree of uncertainty regarding any potential dangers and it would certainly result in chaos and panic. It is probably about as much of an unknown as any situation that one might imagine. There is also the fact that a real crashed UFO would likely be a military vehicle, or something like a spy satellite which could indeed present a variety of dangers not generally encountered. For example, it might cover an area the size of a football field with a dangerous gas. :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?