Discover Useful & Nifty Firefox Add-Ons

• Thread starter HuaYongLi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Firefox
In summary, some useful and nifty Firefox addons mentioned include Adblock Plus, ChatZilla, Delicious Bookmarks, DownloadHelper, Fasterfox Lite, Fission, Flagfox, Foxdie, Greasefire, Greasemonkey, IdentFavIcon, IDM CC, IE Tab, InfoLister, Java Console, Java Quick Starter, Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant, Multiple Tab Handler, NoScript, Open In RegEdit, Smart Bookmarks Bar, Sothink SWF Catcher, Wolfram Alpha Google, Google Preview, IE Tab, InFormEnter, Tab Sidebar, Stumble Upon, Ad Blocker Plus, Speed Dial, Brociety Product Watcher, and MouseGestures. Some users also find
HuaYongLi
Anyone have some useful or nifty Firefox addons?

I'll add mine here: (made using the infolister Firefox addon)

* Adblock Plus 1.1.3
* ChatZilla 0.9.86
* Delicious Bookmarks 2.1.072
* DownloadHelper 4.6.5
* Fasterfox Lite 3.8.2Lite
* Fission 1.0.9 - loading bar now in the address bar
* Flagfox 3.3.20 - shows country of website
* Foxdie for Firefox 3.1.9.4 - nice configurable theme
* Greasefire 1.0.4
* Greasemonkey 0.8.20091209.4
* IdentFavIcon 0.3 - generates favicons for websites without one
* IDM CC 6.7
* IE Tab 1.5.20090525
* InfoLister 0.10.1
* Java Console 6.0.17
* Java Quick Starter 1.0
* Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant 1.1
* Multiple Tab Handler 0.5.2009110501 - mostly for closing multipe tabs at once
* NoScript 1.9.9.35
* Open In RegEdit 0.1.2.4
* Smart Bookmarks Bar 1.4.3 - hides the bookmarks bar names and to show only icons
* Sothink SWF Catcher 1.3.2
* Wolfram Alpha Google 1.0 - search WA and Google at the same time

Greasemonkey is especially useful when combined with Greasefire as the scripts that can be found via Greasefire which lists all userscripts for the website you are on.

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't use too many myself but the ones I use are

Google Preview
IE Tab
InFormEnter
Tab Sidebar

Stumble Upon
Ad Blocker Plus
Speed Dial
Brociety Product Watcher

I keep it simple and flowing!

I LOVE MouseGestures. Why should I have to go ALL the way up the toolbar to go back when I can just flick the mouse left?

I find http://getfirebug.com/" [Broken] helpful when I need to examine complex Javascript issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What are Firefox Add-Ons?

Firefox Add-Ons are small software programs that can be installed in the Firefox web browser to add extra functionality and features. They can enhance your browsing experience and make tasks easier and more efficient.

2. How do I find and install Firefox Add-Ons?

To find and install Firefox Add-Ons, open your Firefox browser and click on the menu button (three horizontal lines) in the top right corner. Then, click on "Add-ons" and select the "Extensions" tab. Here, you can browse through different Add-Ons or search for specific ones. Click on the "Add to Firefox" button next to the Add-On you want to install, and it will be added to your browser.

3. Are Firefox Add-Ons safe to use?

Firefox Add-Ons go through a review process before being published, so they are generally safe to use. However, it is always important to read reviews and check the ratings of an Add-On before installing it to ensure its safety and reliability.

4. Can I customize or remove Firefox Add-Ons?

Yes, you can customize or remove Firefox Add-Ons at any time. To customize an Add-On, click on the menu button and select "Add-ons". Then, click on the "Options" or "Settings" button next to the Add-On you want to customize. To remove an Add-On, go to the "Extensions" tab and click on the "Remove" button next to the Add-On you want to uninstall.

5. Are Firefox Add-Ons free to use?

Most Firefox Add-Ons are free to use, but there are some that may require a one-time or subscription fee. Before installing an Add-On, make sure to check if it is free or not. Additionally, some Add-Ons may offer premium features for a price, but their basic version is still free to use.

Back