Firefox / autoscroll

• Thread starter gnome
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Does autoscroll work for you in Firefox 1.0?

My HP laptop has a synaptics touchpad with an extra little autoscroll window next to it. Autoscroll works fine in IE and other applications. In Firefox all it does is put a little autoscroll icon on the screen instead of the cursor, but it doesn't scroll at all unless I grab the scrollbar. (The arrow keys work OK.)

Yes, I have autoscroll enabled in tools/options/advanced.

Answers and Replies

I use autoscroll on my firefox 1.0 and it works. But I am on a desktop. And when it is not enabled the middle mouse scroll does not work at all, in firefox.

It turned out to be a problem with firefox and the synaptics drivers. It seems my original driver was too old, & then I upgraded to one that was too new. I just found one (ver. 7.8.10) that's "just right". :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well, almost. Vertical autoscroll works fine. Horizontal autoscroll works in other applications but it still doesn't work in firefox. I found that there's already a bugzilla on that, so I guess eventually the firefox people will work it out.

Last edited:
dduardo
Staff Emeritus
Forget about horizontal scrolling, just make your resolution 1600x1200

Hah, hah.
My laptop screen can't handle 1600x1200 & if it did I'd need a magnifying glass to read it.