Firefox Pop-up Problems: 130 Objects Found - Need Help!

• Thread starter scott1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Firefox
In summary, the conversation discusses a major problem with Firefox causing a lot of pop-ups and the user is currently running an anti-spyware scan. They suspect that a spyware or virus may have caused this issue. Another user suggests that they may have downloaded something that installed the program on their computer. The original user discovers a trojan horse on their computer and thanks the others for their help.
scott1
I have a major problem with firefox. I thought firefox was soppsed to prevent this problem: I'am having a lot of pop-ups today:cry: . I never had this many pop-ups before. I did a anti-spyware search and found about 130 objects. I'am currently doing an avast through scan.
Does anyone know of any spyware or virus that can do this firefox?

Computer science news on Phys.org
You might have downloaded something that installed the program on your computer.

You probably did download something that installed it on your computer...

Good luck. Hope it all comes off. :)

Fixed it I found a torjan horse on my computer. I think I did download somthing. Those G(r)eeks are always missing up computers.
Thanks for the help.

1. What are pop-up problems in Firefox?

Pop-up problems in Firefox refer to the sudden appearance of unwanted windows or tabs while browsing the internet. These pop-ups can be ads, notifications, or other types of content that can be disruptive or malicious.

2. How do I know if I have pop-up problems in Firefox?

If you are experiencing frequent pop-ups while using Firefox, it is likely that you have pop-up problems. You may also notice a decrease in browser performance or strange behavior, such as redirecting to unfamiliar websites.

3. What causes pop-up problems in Firefox?

Pop-up problems in Firefox can be caused by various factors, such as malicious websites, adware or malware infections, outdated browser settings, or even legitimate websites with excessive pop-up ads.

4. How can I fix pop-up problems in Firefox?

There are several steps you can take to fix pop-up problems in Firefox. First, make sure your browser is up-to-date and clear your browsing history and cookies. You can also install an ad blocker extension or use Firefox's built-in pop-up blocker. If the problem persists, you may need to scan for malware or reset Firefox to its default settings.

5. How can I prevent pop-up problems in Firefox?

To prevent pop-up problems in Firefox, you can enable the browser's pop-up blocker and install a reputable ad blocker extension. You should also be cautious when clicking on links or downloading files from unfamiliar websites. Keeping your browser and security software up-to-date can also help prevent pop-up problems.