Firefox 3.5.4 & Realplayer: Capturing Streaming Videos Problem

• Thread starter mathman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Firefox
In summary, Realplayer has a feature for capturing streaming videos that is compatible with Firefox 3.5 and IE8. However, after a recent update from Firefox, the feature stopped functioning. Many users have reported this issue on the Firefox forum and a new version of Realplayer has been released to resolve the problem. It is recommended to send a bug report to Firefox for any further issues.
mathman
Science Advisor
Realplayer has a feature where you can capture streaming videos. It is set up to operate with Firefox 3.5 and IE8. I have been using this feature mostly under Firefox. However after the latest update from Firefox (3.5.4), the feature stopped functioning. Has anyone encountered this problem and is there a remedy? I am sure I am not alone, since the Firefox users forum has many complaints about the same problem.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Annoying isn't it? I'm sure firefox or realplayer will provide an update shortly. :smile:

I just got a Firefox update 3.5.5. Problem still remains. Since the feature works fine when using IE8, I presume the problem is with Firefox not Realplayer.

mathman said:
I just got a Firefox update 3.5.5. Problem still remains. Since the feature works fine when using IE8, I presume the problem is with Firefox not Realplayer.

Have you sent FF a bug report about it? They are quite responsive.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/

I have reported it through Firefox forum. I am not sure how to use the link you included. It wants me to log in.

I downloaded a new version of realplayer today - the firefox problem seems to have been resolved.

1. Why am I unable to capture streaming videos with Firefox 3.5.4 and Realplayer?

There could be several reasons for this issue. It could be due to compatibility issues between the two software, outdated versions, or incorrect settings.

2. How can I fix the problem of not being able to capture streaming videos?

First, make sure that you have the latest versions of both Firefox and Realplayer installed. Then, check the settings of both software to ensure that they are configured to work together. You may also need to install additional plugins or extensions to enable video capturing.

3. Is there a specific format that Firefox 3.5.4 and Realplayer support for capturing streaming videos?

Both software support a wide range of video formats, including MP4, FLV, and WMV. However, some streaming websites may use different formats, which may not be supported by Realplayer.

4. Can I use other software besides Realplayer to capture streaming videos in Firefox 3.5.4?

Yes, there are many other video capturing software available that are compatible with Firefox 3.5.4. Some popular options include Video DownloadHelper, Flash Video Downloader, and Freemake Video Downloader.

5. How can I troubleshoot if the issue persists despite updating both Firefox and Realplayer?

If the problem continues, try clearing the cache and cookies in Firefox and restarting the browser. You can also try disabling any other extensions or plugins that may be interfering with video capturing. If the issue still persists, it could be a bug or technical issue with either Firefox or Realplayer, and contacting their support teams may be necessary.