Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Firefox & realplayer

1. Nov 5, 2009 #1

mathman

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Realplayer has a feature where you can capture streaming videos. It is set up to operate with Firefox 3.5 and IE8. I have been using this feature mostly under Firefox. However after the latest update from Firefox (3.5.4), the feature stopped functioning. Has anyone encountered this problem and is there a remedy? I am sure I am not alone, since the Firefox users forum has many complaints about the same problem.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 6, 2009 #2
    Annoying isn't it? I'm sure firefox or realplayer will provide an update shortly. :smile:

4. Nov 6, 2009 #3

mathman

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I just got a Firefox update 3.5.5. Problem still remains. Since the feature works fine when using IE8, I presume the problem is with Firefox not Realplayer.

5. Nov 6, 2009 #4
    Have you sent FF a bug report about it? They are quite responsive.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/

6. Nov 7, 2009 #5

mathman

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I have reported it through Firefox forum. I am not sure how to use the link you included. It wants me to log in.

7. Nov 9, 2009 #6

mathman

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I downloaded a new version of realplayer today - the firefox problem seems to have been resolved.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook