Is Firefox Causing Inconsistent Webpage Refreshing Issues?

• Thread starter graphic7
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Firefox
In summary, Firefox has failed to refresh a webpage correctly. Sometimes it may refresh some of the page, however, chunks of the older one are still left over.
graphic7
Gold Member
On a number of ocassions Firefox has failed to refresh a webpage correctly. Sometimes it may refresh some of the page, however, chunks of the older one are still left over.

The other day I was straightening up a MySQL database for someone and we were refreshing the PHP pages hosted by Apache to test the configuration. After playing with this for several hours, I had the hunch to fire up IE and go to the webpage. Of course, IE showed the page as it "should" be. I wasted probably an hour and a half.

On another occasion, I maintain several VMware ESX servers. Typically, most of the configuration is carried out through the management interface, which is web-based. ESX has extensive graphs of virtual machine memory usage, cpu usage, and network usage. I noticed that one of the VMs did not display any memory usage at all (I had just created the VM the previous day using the management interface and Firefox), so Firefox didn't refresh the images used for the graph correctly; therefore, displaying the memory usage incorrectly. Now, I use the management interface only through IE.

There's many more instances where this has happened, but these are the two that have annoyed me the most.

Don't get me wrong - I like Firefox, in fact, I'm using it now; however, these issues need to be corrected.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Edit: When the management interface issue occurred I was using Firefox on Linux. When the MySQL, PHP issue happened, I was using Firefox on Windows. The issue seems to be platform independent.

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Could be a buggy version of Firefox. I don't remember hearing about this in near past. Firefox has released many versions from the date of first post. Is anyone still getting this problem today?

1. Why does my Firefox keep refreshing?

There can be several reasons why your Firefox browser keeps refreshing. It could be due to a slow internet connection, corrupt browser cache, or a malfunctioning add-on or extension. Try clearing your cache and disabling any add-ons to see if that resolves the issue.

2. How do I stop Firefox from refreshing automatically?

To stop Firefox from refreshing automatically, go to the "Options" menu and select "General". Under the "Startup" section, make sure the "Restore previous session" option is unchecked. You can also try disabling automatic updates in the "Advanced" section.

3. Why does my page keep refreshing in Firefox but not in other browsers?

This could be due to a compatibility issue with the website and Firefox. Try clearing your browser cache and reloading the page. If the issue persists, try opening the website in a different browser to see if it is a Firefox-specific problem.

4. How do I fix a constantly refreshing page in Firefox?

If a page is constantly refreshing in Firefox, try clearing your cache and cookies. You can also try opening the page in a private browsing window or disabling any add-ons that may be causing the issue. If none of these solutions work, it could be a problem with the website itself.

5. Is there a way to refresh Firefox without losing my open tabs?

Yes, you can refresh Firefox without losing your open tabs by going to the "Help" menu and selecting "Troubleshooting Information". Click on the "Refresh Firefox" button and select "Refresh" in the pop-up window. This will reset your browser settings but keep your open tabs intact.