Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Firefox v.9 out for windows

1. Jun 15, 2004 #1
    I don't know if anyone has said this already, but mozilla Firefox .9 is out for windows, so everyone who has v.8 go and upgrade and all of you who use IE go get it at http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 15, 2004 #2

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

Don't forget that firefox also runs on Linux and OS X.

4. Jun 15, 2004 #3
    I still prefer Safari over Firefox as far as browsers on OS X goes.

5. Jun 16, 2004 #4
    I decided to check out the firefox forums before I upgraded from 0.8 to 0.9. Looks like it was a good thign I did, as it seems 0.9 is verrrrry buggy!

6. Jun 16, 2004 #5
    I've heard that too although I've haven't seen these bugs yet or at least I haven't noticed them. It seems to be able to load pages a bit faster and thats all I've really noticed from this upgrade.

7. Jun 17, 2004 #6

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

Firefox 0.9 was just pushed to the gentoo rsync servers today and I quickly grabbed a copy and compiled it. I like the new theme and it does load more quickly than before. I don't know why people are saying this version is bugger, but it seems stable to me.

Also, for all you web developers out there, there is a really cool extension called web developer that pretty neat. I suggest you try it out.

8. Jun 17, 2004 #7
    FireFox 'seems' more stable for me than safari... I can go to distrowatch without my browser crashing. On the flip side, for me safari is still faster and the keyboard shortcuts are more intuitive... I'll probably stick with Safari on my Mac, and since Firefox just made its way to the rsync servers I'll be updating my Linux PC tonight. Mahalo dduardo for the info.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?