Fireworksdamaging our atmosphere?

Is there any damaging effect or chemical that gets released into our atmosphere? I know wildfire and deforestation is a problem, but what else?
Also, sorry if I post on wrong place, I was stuck in between Chemistry, and Biology. =/

Pengwuino

Gold Member
ConcealedDreamer said:
Is there any damaging effect or chemical that gets released into our atmosphere? I know wildfire and deforestation is a problem, but what else?
Also, sorry if I post on wrong place, I was stuck in between Chemistry, and Biology. =/

Probably but not enough to be at all noticable. Kinda like peeing in a river i suppose

if it does, that doesn't mean that i will quit, i love things that go boom. like last night, a few friends and i shot roman candles at targets, and blew holes in the ground with m-80s. also, we shot ak-47s into the air, the semi-automatic lame but legal type. what a way to celebrate the 4th of july, celebrate like terrorists do!
yes, playing with things that can killl you can be very fun!

fibonacci

1 said:
if it does, that doesn't mean that i will quit, i love things that go boom. like last night, a few friends and i shot roman candles at targets, and blew holes in the ground with m-80s. also, we shot ak-47s into the air, the semi-automatic lame but legal type. what a way to celebrate the 4th of july, celebrate like terrorists do!
yes, playing with things that can killl you can be very fun!
Yes, celebrate your country by blowing a part of it up. :tongue2: :uhh:

Last edited:

JamesU

Gold Member
isn't that all that americans do? blow things up?

enigma

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
yomamma said:
isn't that all that americans do? blow things up?
No. We shoot people too.

Just on the way into work this morning, I killed two people and blew up three cars.

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'm going to have to sit out and watch firefly flickering patterns again tonight. I was noticing last night they seemed to be flickering at a rate that seemed really rapid to me, almost keeping time with the flickering of the fireworks as they sizzled out (my neighborhood sounded like a war zone last night with fireworks being set off in every direction! No little firecrackers either; I just checked that none of them were being set off within range of my property and then sat back to watch :tongue2:). But, I was also seeing fireflies in pairs, so they may have been flickering in a different pattern for mating. Just wondering if the poor things were confused and trying to communicate with fireworks. :biggrin: So, I want to watch them again tonight and see if it looks the same as last night or not.

Wait wait, back on topic, so does it hurt our atmosphere or not? Haha.

enigma

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say yes, they damage the atmosphere... BUT to a much smaller degree than any of the other thousands of sources of pollution.

I'd bet dollars to donuts (and I love donuts) that a single moderate sized forest fire spews more into the air than all of the fireworks lit off anually.

1 said:
we shot ak-47s into the air, the semi-automatic lame but legal type
Well, who cares if the gun is legal or not, what you did IS a felony
:smile: