First-Time Dad: My Wife and I Had Our Baby Ansley Mae McArthur

• Thread starter Cod
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Excited
In summary: Welcome to the club, Ansley Mae!Have you decided what collage she will be attending and what she will major in yet?Congratulations!Thanks for joining us, Ansley Mae!In summary, my wife and I had our first baby on 9 Mar 2007 at 9:50PM GMT in Lakenheath, UK. Her name is Ansley Mae McArthur and she is the most precious thing in the world. I just wanted to share my excitement with everyone on the forums. Sorry if I'm gloating, but I'm just so freakin proud to be a daddy! Congratulations to you and your wife, Cod! Gloat away!
Cod
My wife and I had our first baby on 9 Mar 2007 at 9:50PM GMT in Lakenheath, UK. Her name is Ansley Mae McArthur and she is the most precious thing in the world. I just wanted to share my excitement with everyone on the forums. Sorry if I'm gloating, but I'm just so freakin proud to be a daddy!

l_2a4c385f9ba3fca96a9c42c307c39797.jpg

l_29e4efdb985f05679a6b56ce3b848761.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
Congratulations! And, oh, she is just so cute and cuddly looking! So, as soon as she can sit up on your lap and type, she'll be joining PF, right? :biggrin:

Congratulations!

I'm sure that euphoric feeling will subside once she's 13 or so.. ;)

Congratulations!

She looks just like her dad! Hair and all.Nevermind I'm sure she'll grow out of it. Congratulations!:biggrin:

Garth

Congratulations. Good luck man.

Moonbear said:
Congratulations! And, oh, she is just so cute and cuddly looking! So, as soon as she can sit up on your lap and type, she'll be joining PF, right? :biggrin:
Of course :smile:

Cod said:
My wife and I had our first baby on 9 Mar 2007 at 9:50PM GMT in Lakenheath, UK. Her name is Ansley Mae McArthur and she is the most precious thing in the world. I just wanted to share my excitement with everyone on the forums. Sorry if I'm gloating, but I'm just so freakin proud to be a daddy!
Congratulations to you and your wife, Cod! Gloat away! :biggrin:

Cool, congrats!

Congrats!

Congratulations :)

That is just so beautiful, congrats.

Congratulations!

here's to a long happy healthy life *beer mug toast emoitycon*

I'm going to be a bit original and say:

Super Congratulation! Hope she joins PF soon.

Shes lovely, hooah!

Welcome, Ansley Mae! Are you writing differential equations on the ceiling over her crib yet? (My uncle did that for me and I swear it came back to memory on at least one of my final exams!) :biggrin:

SticksandStones said:
Congratulations!

I'm sure that euphoric feeling will subside once she's 13 or so.. ;)

How true! How true.

My cute cuddly little daughter is now 13...:yuck:

Can't wait till she turns 25... Hope I am still around to see it,

Congratulations, and wlecome to the club. My daughter (our first) is almost seven months old. I think you'll find that life takes on a new perspective

Fred Garvin and I (and others?) also announced the births of our babies to the family here at Physics Forums.

Cod, I don't know about you, but SicksandStones and Integral are scaring me.

Congratulations to Cod, mom, and Ansley Mae!

Thanks everyone for the wonderful compliments and encouragements!

Beautiful baby Cod!

Just hope she never learns how to use your debit card.

Hey, I just realized.

Does that make her a british citizen?

cyrusabdollahi said:
Hey, I just realized.

Does that make her a british citizen?
My wife and I wondered the same thing. After some calls to legal, we've been told that she is currently a dual-citizen (British and American birth certificates); however, we do not have to keep the British citizen ship longer than I'm stationed in UK.

Welcome to the new world. I have three, ages 2, 4, and 6. You've heard of the term "BC," right? (That's "before children") Everything changes.

These changes are not all bad, nor good; everything is just different now. And no, I wouldn't change back. Congratulations!

Congratulations to all involved!

Have you decided what collage she will be attending and what she will major in yet?

sas3 said:
Congratulations to all involved!

Have you decided what collage she will be attending and what she will major in yet?

Well, my wife and I are both "science people" and not very good with the liberal arts stuff. So we're both guessing that she'll be science-minded because both of us are. And I'm hoping that will be the case.

1. What is the main focus of "First-Time Dad: My Wife and I Had Our Baby Ansley Mae McArthur"?

The main focus of this book is the author's personal experience as a first-time father and the challenges and joys that come with parenthood.

2. Is this book geared towards new fathers or can it be useful for all parents?

This book is primarily geared towards new fathers, but it can also be a useful read for all parents as it offers insights into the journey of parenthood and the dynamics of a growing family.

3. How does the author handle the topic of balancing work and family life as a new father?

The author discusses the challenges he faced in balancing work and family life, and offers tips and advice on how to prioritize and manage time effectively to fulfill both roles as a father and a professional.

4. Does the book touch upon the emotional aspect of becoming a father?

Yes, the book delves into the author's emotional journey as a first-time father, including the fears, anxieties, and overwhelming love and joy that comes with the arrival of a new baby.

5. Can readers expect any practical tips or advice from the author in this book?

Yes, the author shares his personal experiences and offers practical advice on various topics such as preparing for the baby's arrival, handling sleepless nights, and adjusting to the new role of being a father.