First Message Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.

• Thread starter Mikel_NY
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the concept of trophies on a website and how they are earned. The speaker asks for clarification on what the trophies actually represent and the other person explains that they are simply a fun reward for participation on the site.
Mikel_NY
I get a trophy if I post a message. What is this message about? I was notified in "Alerts".

Physics news on Phys.org
Hard to follow what you mean - looks like you are asking what was the message you posted about. Well.. it was your message, so you are the one who knows what it was about, aren't you?

Not every message gives you a trophy.

Go to your profile - under your avatar there is a "Trophy points" sign - click on the number of trophy points.

I guess my question is, what are trophies?

Mikel_NY said:
I guess my question is, what are trophies?

Nothing serious, and nothing of practical value. But hey, who doesn't like a prize now and then!

Hi there! This message is about earning a trophy for posting on this site. I just received an alert about it and I'm excited to see what it's all about. Looking forward to posting and earning that trophy!

1. What does it mean to "post a message somewhere on the site"?

Posting a message somewhere on the site means leaving a written comment or response on a public platform, such as a forum or social media page, for other users to view and interact with.

2. How do I post a message on a website?

The process for posting a message on a website will vary depending on the site, but it typically involves finding a designated area for comments or creating a new post. Look for a button or link that says "Post" or "Submit" and follow the prompts to write and publish your message.

3. Why do I need to post a message to receive something?

In some cases, a website or platform may require you to post a message in order to verify your account or to participate in a specific activity. This helps ensure that you are a real person and not a bot or spammer.

4. Can I post my message privately?

This depends on the website and its privacy settings. Some sites may allow you to post private messages to specific users or groups, while others may only allow public messages that are visible to all users. Check the site's privacy policy or settings to see what options are available.

5. Is there a character limit for my first message?

The character limit for your first message may vary depending on the website or platform. Some may have a limit, while others may allow longer messages. It is best to check the specific site's guidelines or character limits before posting.