Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

First order nonlinear DE

1. May 28, 2008 #1
    dear friends,
    i need to solve analitically(also by means of approximate methods) the following nonlinear differential equation:

where Ts is a function of t. A, B, C and D are costants. the initial condition is Ts(0)=Ti.
    I would be so grateful if anyone can help me.

2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2008 #2
    You need to show your work first, that's how it works on this forum.

I will give you a hint anyway-- you can solve it using a technique you learned in calculus! It's that simple (that gave it away since you probably only learned that one method to solve de's when you were in calc).
  4. Jun 23, 2008 #3
    the mentioned equation is the result of the integration of the heat diffusion eqaution following the approximate integral method. is it possible to use any methods to linearize this equation?
  5. Jun 23, 2008 #4

Homework Helper

As DavidWhitBeck said, you don't have to resort to any fancy numerical methods at all. You're given a differential equation for which 't' does not appear at all, only Ts(t). What does that tell you about how to solve it?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?