Grandson Takes His First Steps - A Special Moment!

• Thread starter BobG
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Moment
In summary, the grandson took his first steps last night when the daughter came over to pick him up. He was very excited and happy.
BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I watch the grandson a couple times a week and he finally took his first steps last night when the daughter came over to pick him up. Pretty cool evening. :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3TjzcdSIWY

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Awww, he made his biggest effort for Grandpa.

Aaaaw, that's so sweet, it made me smile. You can see the thrill on his face!

How wonderful! I love that "drunken sailor" walk that kids that age have. :biggrin: And nice that he saved his first steps for when his parents were home. Too many of my friends have missed their kids' first steps while at work, only to be told about them by the daycare providers.

Sweet!

Very nice.

I should also mention, a fire extinguisher on the floor doesn't look very child safe :)

BobG said:
I watch the grandson a couple times a week and he finally took his first steps last night when the daughter came over to pick him up. Pretty cool evening. :biggrin:

Why the the?

Nice! My daughter just started walking too!

Oh so cute BobG, so nice. :smile:

Thats so cute :smile:

My son walked (independently, without holding on to stuff) only when he was 15 months old. I believe that's late.

He talked very early though.

This is great! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

Good to hear about your daughter too Pythagorean!

That's awesome, before you know it he's going to be talking and then that will lead to talking back. Oh boy.

"An error occurred, please try again later."

Did he skin a knee?

Lol, seriously, Bob, although the video's not working, it's awesome when kids progress. My own son was walking and talking way before we wanted him too, so we felt robbed of the baby stage!

BobG

The difficulty of watching little George just ratcheted up a notch.:biggrin:

Next up, he will be following you everywhere.

edward said:
BobG

The difficulty of watching little George just ratcheted up a notch.:biggrin:

Next up, he will be following you everywhere.

Ain't that the truth! It's a whole new ball game once they're mobile.

Of course my ex husband (my girl's father) was appalled when our first daughter started to walk. She'd stand up and take a few steps, then fall, then stand up again, take a few steps and fall. He was hysterical, insisted that no child of his would do that, she must have a brain tumor! I told him it was normal.

A few weeks later I found out that he made an appointment with a doctor to have her checked for a brain tumor, took her out of daycare and had taken her without my knowledge. The doctor confirmed it was normal.

He did the same thing when she learned how to feed herself. <sigh>

That is great! I am looking forward to that experience with my newborn son! I will probably be worried that he might fall and hit something, though.

Congratulations on his 1st steps! :approve:

Mathnomalous said:
That is great! I am looking forward to that experience with my newborn son! I will probably be worried that he might fall and hit something, though.

That's what baby gates are for, to keep them away from places that they can hurt themselves when they fall. If you're worried about things like coffee tables, just toss a quilt or soft blanket over it so there aren't any sharp edges to hit if he falls into it when he gets to that age. When they become mobile, they are going to fall into things and get some bumps and bruises, but if you cover any corners or sharp edges, you'll avoid trips to the emergency room for stitches. There are lots of boys in my family...I know the least of your worries will be while he's learning to walk. It's when he learns to climb trees in about 7 or 8 more years that you're going to be in trouble. :biggrin:

I'll probably climb the tree with him... :rofl:

Evo said:
Of course my ex husband (my girl's father) was appalled when our first daughter started to walk. She'd stand up and take a few steps, then fall, then stand up again, take a few steps and fall. He was hysterical, insisted that no child of his would do that, she must have a brain tumor! I told him it was normal.

A few weeks later I found out that he made an appointment with a doctor to have her checked for a brain tumor, took her out of daycare and had taken her without my knowledge. The doctor confirmed it was normal.

He did the same thing when she learned how to feed herself. <sigh>
:rofl:

BobG said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3TjzcdSIWY

It brought a lump to my throat, nice that you have it forever to cherish. Way to go Bob.

Rhody...

1. How did you capture the moment of your grandson's first steps?

I used a high-quality camera to film the moment and carefully edited the footage to highlight the key moments.

2. What inspired you to film your grandson's first steps?

As a scientist, I am constantly studying and observing the world around me. I wanted to capture this milestone in my grandson's development and analyze it from a scientific perspective.

3. How do you think your grandson's first steps will impact his development?

Walking is a major developmental milestone that allows children to explore their surroundings and develop gross motor skills. I believe my grandson's first steps will have a positive impact on his overall growth and development.

4. Did you notice any patterns or behaviors in your grandson's first steps?

Yes, I observed that he first used furniture or objects for support and then gradually gained more confidence to take steps on his own. This is a common pattern in the development of walking.

5. What advice would you give to other grandparents who may want to capture their grandchild's first steps?

Be patient and prepared to capture the moment at any time. It may take several attempts before you are able to capture the perfect footage. Also, try not to interfere too much and let the child take their first steps on their own.