Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

First-year calculus questions

1. Aug 5, 2007 #1
    I have 2 questions to ask.

Which is “integrand” and the “antiderivative” on the attached image?

What is “hyperbolicus” (form of trigonometry identities which include e or exponential)?

I am an undergraduate student of engineering, so please tell me the easiest simplest way on this. I see many people here are advance.

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 5, 2007 #2

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm going to ask what do you think corresponds to each of the terms from the image just in case this is a homework question. Just to define some terms however, the integrand is the function being integrated and the antiderivative is a function whose derivative is the integrand.

4. Aug 5, 2007 #3

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

By "hyperbolicus" do you mean what in English are called the "hyperbolic functions"?

5. Aug 10, 2007 #4
    The answer to one part is correctly answered by kurdt.Hyperbolis are the hyperbolic functions that take into account the imaginary cases also.More read with the help of google as I am not able to write the expressions here.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?