1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

First year engineering students

1. Sep 15, 2008 #1
    I'm a first year mechanical engineering student at the university of Witwatersrand( known as wits university). I would like to know what I can do to ensure that I know a lot about what i am getting into. thank you:smile:
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 15, 2008 #2
    I'm also a first year engineering student (EE). My advice is for you to visit a local engineering firm where engineers of multiple disciplines work. You can also participate in engineering mentorship programs. Talk to your engineering professors and ask questions about the profession. Visit your school's career center. Join an engineering club. Do some research on Google. Watch Youtube videos about ME. There's hundreds of things you can do.
  4. Sep 16, 2008 #3
    Thank you, but I am a bit shy about going.
  5. Sep 16, 2008 #4

Check this out about ME I got it off of a Free flyer from Monash University.

This is all you really need to know for those "Shy Guys" haha. :yuck:
  6. Sep 17, 2008 #5
    Thank you Hippo. Do you do engineering?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?