Fish Of The Forum

• Thread starter TENYEARS
  • Start date
No two people have the same experience in life, they can have similar but do not neccessarily have to. I will tell you this, one day on another issue which I was going back and forth on and attempting for well over a year I suddenly realized after reading a novel which I never read, and suddenly realized that the author had actually experienced what he had written as one of the characters. It was not said, but I knew. The experience then happend to me. Statistical validity would be real interesting in this case. This event in particular was not a vision.

You have the ability and if you desire it enough it will happen. The question people usaully do not ask themselves is why do I desire it? When you desire it because you really want to know it will happen and in a way that there is no doubt.

There is also a leveling which will occur in your life afterward, because it may very well turn ones life upside down. Other cultures Tribal cultures, american indian, born agains, hatian voodo, etc..... accept this as a norm but are written off usually in arrogance because of the "So called level of education, poeverty, etc..". What is overlooked is that these are human beings who do not have the trappings of modern day society.

Sometimes one may see or do something and then go back with the expectation before you get there. I would like to go back to the general question of dropping the ball.

Why would a person not catch a ball when the initial intent is to catch it. Someone posted I am not perfect and that is why I dropped the ball. That is the answer I would expect 99.9 to come up with. There is another which 99.9 may also come up with.

Zero

What ball? Where is it? Can you stop speaking in riddles and empty platitudes for a minute and speak English?

From the thread, https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1307&perpage=15&pagenumber=19" ...

Originally posted by Iacchus32
What? The acknowledgment of truth is inborn? And hence the acknowledgment of God as well? You will "never" be able to prove the existence of God, to yourself or anyone else, unless you can get past this.

"Blessed art thou Peter, for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto you, but my Father which is in heaven ..."

How do you know 1 + 1 = 2? Wouldn't the obvious answer be because you can see that it's so? Does flesh and blood have to reveal it to you? (i.e., through the external senses). No.

This is the difference between knowledge and wisdom. Wisdom is inborn. Knowlegde deals with dead "external facts."

If in fact God exists, then this cancels out everything which has been said so far.
Now why do I somehow sense this is the furthest thing from everyone's mind, to "prove the existence of God?" Could it be that we're all entrenched in our own views, and haven't the slightest inclination to go beyond what we've "formally" (i.e., formal = form = external) been taught?

What's the difference between the "established view" and an economic cash cow? Not much I suppose? There's a nice profit to be made for those who buy into it (or at least maintain a comfortable living), so long as "nobody" changes the way that it's "set up." Hmm... Now why would we want to do that?

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say if my subconcious saw you as fish then that is what I see you as. This is not an insult, but a facet of your beliefs and the manner of your speaking. Some of you have promise, but if you hang out with ducks you act like one. No offense to ducks, if you were one you would proably be much closer to englightenment. Adios for a while or maybe for good.

FZ+

I must say if my subconcious saw you as fish then that is what I see you as. This is not an insult, but a facet of your beliefs and the manner of your speaking.
Surely what your subconscious saw someone as says more about YOUR beliefs and the manner of YOUR speaking?

bah! Utter gibberish.

Zero

Originally posted by TENYEARS
I must say if my subconcious saw you as fish then that is what I see you as. This is not an insult, but a facet of your beliefs and the manner of your speaking. Some of you have promise, but if you hang out with ducks you act like one. No offense to ducks, if you were one you would proably be much closer to englightenment. Adios for a while or maybe for good.
What you see only reflects YOU, not others...a distinction you seem to struggle with.

Originally posted by Zero
What you see only reflects YOU, not others...a distinction you seem to struggle with.
If he says his subconscious saw you as fish, then it's correct for him to say he sees you as fish (although it still reflects himself). Don't underestimate the power of the subconscious.

Zero

If he says his subconscious saw you as fish, then it's correct for him to say he sees you as fish (although it still reflects himself). Don't underestimate the power of the subconscious.
What I am objecting to is the idea that his internal workings are accruate, and truly represent reality.

What I am objecting to is the idea that his internal workings are accruate, and truly represent reality.
It sounds like it does for him. The subsconscious doesn't usually lie about such things (IMO).

But then again this is something everybody has to grapple with which, only becomes compounded when things like this occur.

Zero

It sounds like it does for him. The subsconscious doesn't usually lie about such things (IMO).

But then again this is something everybody has to grapple with which, only becomes compounded when things like this occur.
Well, his subconscious doesn't make me what he wants me to be...and I think that sort of worldview is nutty.

Well, his subconscious doesn't make me what he wants me to be...and I think that sort of worldview is nutty.
Well, your subconscious doen't make him what you want him to be either, so in that respect we're all entitled to our own views.