1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fit data NMR

1. Dec 10, 2012 #1
    Hello, I didn't know where else to post this so here it goes ...

I have collected data from a pulsed NMR experiment to calculate the value of the spin-lattice relaxation time (T1). Now I'm asked to fit the data using a function of the form
    V(t) = V_0*(1 - 2*exp(-t/T1)). But I'm not really sure how to fit it. Is there any software out there I can use to fit this data with that function? I was trying to fit it using ROOT but I did not succeed ;(.

The data is here, https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwZLQ_me50B8VExfYU1GX2dyV3M

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 10, 2012 #2

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

ROOT can fit that, but you should restrict the fitting range to t>=50 or use a different fit function (##|V(t)|## looks like a good idea), otherwise the result is meaningless. Even there, I doubt that the function gives a good approximation to the measured values.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook