Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

FITC Fluorescein

1. Jun 15, 2012 #1
    Hello,
    I am a physics student and I am trying to set up a microscale chemical experiment that involves Sulfuric Acid, Feroin, Molonic Acid, Sodium Bromade and water. I want to study the physical behavior of this reaction as I change the concentration of different components such as Sulfuric Acid. So, I want to encode the Surfuric acid with FITC fluorescein such that I can trace the amount of the fluorescence and hence quantify the concentration in Sulfuric Acid. I have been doing this without that fluorescence but my results are being crappy and I think this may be due to pipeting inaccuracy. By adding that dye, I will be able to interprete very accurately my results.
    My worries is I don't know what kind of chemical reactions can go on between fluorescein and those other chemical components. Can anybody help me in any way?
    Thank you

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted