Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fitness equipment

  1. Dec 28, 2005 #1
    I am looking for a simple piece of equipment w/ the following description:

    It has two handles at the ends joined by springs in the middle. It is really simple and can be used for simple excercises. One handle can be placed under a foot to mimick simple bicep training.

    I went through all the equipment on amazon but still can't find it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and where I can find it?
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 28, 2005 #2
    Something kinda like this?
    http://www.gymcor.com/chestexpander.html [Broken]
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2017
  4. Dec 28, 2005 #3
    Yeah I know what you are talking about, but I have no clue what it is called, sorry!
  5. Dec 28, 2005 #4
    Chest Expander looks like what it's supposed to be called from what I have found on google.
  6. Dec 28, 2005 #5
    Thanks alot, "Chest Expander" turns up the right result on Amazon.com.
  7. Dec 28, 2005 #6
    Chest expander: Get the 1980's version (with tension springs, not bands) which has the inherent quality of removing all of your chest hair. Then all you need to do is grease up and your ready to hit muscle beach.:surprised
  8. Dec 29, 2005 #7


    User Avatar
    Gold Member

    Save your money. Just get a some of those solid rubber bungee cords (not the lighter fabric ones) and a couple of replacement handles for a snow shovel.
  9. Dec 29, 2005 #8
    That is the one that I had before, but I can't find it anymore hence I'm looking to buy a new one.
  10. Dec 30, 2005 #9
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook