Five-headed mooselet spotted in capital of Norway

• Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
In summary: Just out of curiosity, how closely have abnormalities such as this been monitored in Norway since the Chernobyl disaster?I know that, in the region of the Hanford nuclear site here in my home state of Washington (in the Pacific Northwest, not the national capital on the opposite coast!), a statistically significant amount of abnormalities in humans and cattle have been documented quite a long ways from the emission source over the decades.
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Five-headed mooselet spotted in capital of Norway!

Sorry, it was so swift on its legs that NO photos were taken, and hardly any credible journalists reported the story! :smile:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

I believe it.

Meanwhile_In_Canadia.jpg

The Apocalypse is nigh!

Just do a Google Images search. It's easy to find.

Jimmy Snyder said:
I believe it.

I knew you would, and I am deeply grateful.
Nekt time you are in Norway, Jimmy, I will serve you real goat cheese and Norwegian coffee! :smile:

Can't imagine what's next? :rofl:

I believe.

Noooo!
Three+Headed+Dog.jpg

The snakes are growing new heads by the minute!

5HeadSnake_2.jpg

http://www.southdreamz.com/2010/07/5-headed-snake-in-india.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Evo said:
I believe.

You just want some of that real goat cheese and Norwegian coffee!

arildno said:
Nekt time you are in Norway, Jimmy, I will serve you real goat cheese and Norwegian coffee! :smile:
You mean - Geitost (http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geitost) as opposed to Getost (http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getost).

One of my roommates at university was a grad student married to a Norwegian lass. I had one bedroom in a two bedroom apartment. They had to walk through my bedroom to use the bathroom/shower, and I had to go through their bedroom to get to the kitchen and leave the apartment. They also had a doberman pincher named Pearl. Pearl was a sweatheart.

We had an interesting time - especially after I got married (upon graduating and receiving my BS) and there were 4 of us in that arrangement.

Anyway, I ate a lot of Geitost and Getost.

Friday afternoons were nice; my roommate's wife would go buy a 2 liter bottle of wine, and we'd spend the evening relaxing, playing frisbee with the dog and cooking, and then eating something interesting.

That was my senior year and summer before grad school.

So how about moose ost or älgost?

arildno said:
Sorry, it was so swift on its legs that NO photos were taken, and hardly any credible journalists reported the story! :smile:

This cannot be fake. In Harry potter movie, they showed a 3 headed dog. What more evidence do they need? Arildno, ignore all the naysayers.

“You Can’t Believe Most of the Quotes You Read On the Internet” -Abraham Lincoln

berkeman said:
You just want some of that real goat cheese and Norwegian coffee!
:redface: Yeah, you caught me.

I saw a two-headed coin once.

Astronuc said:
You mean - Geitost (http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geitost) as opposed to Getost (http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getost).One of my roommates at university was a grad student married to a Norwegian lass. I had one bedroom in a two bedroom apartment. They had to walk through my bedroom to use the bathroom/shower, and I had to go through their bedroom to get to the kitchen and leave the apartment. They also had a doberman pincher named Pearl. Pearl was a sweatheart.

We had an interesting time - especially after I got married (upon graduating and receiving my BS) and there were 4 of us in that arrangement.Anyway, I ate a lot of Geitost and Getost.

Friday afternoons were nice; my roommate's wife would go buy a 2 liter bottle of wine, and we'd spend the evening relaxing, playing frisbee with the dog and cooking, and then eating something interesting.

That was my senior year and summer before grad school.So how about moose ost or älgost?

Nice story!
As for moose cheese, I haven't tasted it, but moose sausage is very good! :smile:

And Evo, you are welcome to a piece of goat cheese, you too!

Ivan Seeking said:
I saw a two-headed coin once.

:rofl:
You can also have a bit of goat cheese, Ivan!

arildno said:
Ha Ha. Everyone knows there are no such things.

Last edited:

No goat cheese for you! :grumpy:

Nice try arildno, an attempt at keeping the mooselet theme alive, but I think I will pass on this thread after this post, I want real meeses, preferably cute ones !

Rhody...

Just out of curiosity, how closely have abnormalities such as this been monitored in Norway since the Chernobyl disaster?

I know that, in the region of the Hanford nuclear site here in my home state of Washington (in the Pacific Northwest, not the national capital on the opposite coast!), a statistically significant amount of abnormalities in humans and cattle have been documented quite a long ways from the emission source over the decades.

HowardVAgnew said:
Just out of curiosity, how closely have abnormalities such as this been monitored in Norway since the Chernobyl disaster?

I know that, in the region of the Hanford nuclear site here in my home state of Washington (in the Pacific Northwest, not the national capital on the opposite coast!), a statistically significant amount of abnormalities in humans and cattle have been documented quite a long ways from the emission source over the decades.

I'm pretty sure it's the Red Hook ESB doing that.

HowardVAgnew said:
It's a joke, there is no five-headed moose.

We have a rule here against stating "facts" without scientific documentation. Please post the scientific studies that back up your statement.

HowardVAgnew said:
From what I know, gypsy mushrooms had abnormal levels of radioactive trace substances for a few decades after Chernobyl.
But, then again , a gypsy mushroom isn't as cute as a mooselet.

Evo said:
YOU are still welcome to goat cheese, Evo, even if you disbelieve like Jimmy Snyder did.

Special treatment for special people; that is both fair, and evinces capacity for moral discernment. :approve:

arildno said:
YOU are still welcome to goat cheese, Evo,
:!)

Now just watch, a five-headed Chernobyl moose will show up.

Evo said:
We have a rule here against stating "facts" without scientific documentation. Please post the scientific studies that back up your statement.

I certainly hope anyone professing to speak intelligently on nuclear power would have a strong grasp of Hanford, and not just the more well-known sites at Three Mile Island, Chernobyl and Fukushima. Hanford has worse contamination by far, with some 53 million gallons of liquid waste heavily contaminating the soil over several hundred square miles and severely endangering the largest river west of the Rockies (the Columbia river). It is hard to get a grasp on scale sometimes, but the EPA estimates 475 billion gallons of groundwater have been contaminated beyond acceptable standards; this is, by comparison for a sense of scale, more than fifteen times the maximum capacity of the United States Strategic Petroleum Reserve (~30.5 billion gallons).

There are a number of sources cited for Hanford at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanford_Site#Environmental_concerns

There's also this, which predated some of the more recent findings I remember from the news that I admit to having trouble finding online - "Department of Energy: Preliminary Information on the Potential for
Columbia River Contamination from the Hanford Site" - Government Accountability Office - 4 November 2005: http://www.gao.gov/assets/100/93848.pdf ... I know the 80 square mile estimate was updated a few years ago to somewhere in the 200 to 300 square mile range, but I can't find an online source to corroborate (for some reason my Internet has been uber-slow, google searches keep timing out which doesn't help :/).

There have been many promises, over the decades, of addressing the problems and dealing with it, but as of 2012, the spreading contamination is not even close to being contained and cleaned up.

HowardVAgnew said:
I certainly hope anyone professing to speak intelligently on nuclear power would have a strong grasp of Hanford, and not just the more well-known sites at Three Mile Island, Chernobyl and Fukushima. Hanford has worse contamination by far, with some 53 million gallons of liquid waste heavily contaminating the soil over several hundred square miles and severely endangering the largest river west of the Rockies (the Columbia river). It is hard to get a grasp on scale sometimes, but the EPA estimates 475 billion gallons of groundwater have been contaminated beyond acceptable standards; this is, by comparison for a sense of scale, more than fifteen times the maximum capacity of the United States Strategic Petroleum Reserve (~30.5 billion gallons).

There are a number of sources cited for Hanford at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanford_Site#Environmental_concerns

There's also this, which predated some of the more recent findings I remember from the news that I admit to having trouble finding online - "Department of Energy: Preliminary Information on the Potential for
Columbia River Contamination from the Hanford Site" - Government Accountability Office - 4 November 2005: http://www.gao.gov/assets/100/93848.pdf ... I know the 80 square mile estimate was updated a few years ago to somewhere in the 200 to 300 square mile range, but I can't find an online source to corroborate (for some reason my Internet has been uber-slow, google searches keep timing out which doesn't help :/).

There have been many promises, over the decades, of addressing the problems and dealing with it, but as of 2012, the spreading contamination is not even close to being contained and cleaned up.
So, you have nothing to back up your claims of
a statistically significant amount of abnormalities in humans and cattle have been documented quite a long ways from the emission source over the decades.
That's what you need to document.

Evo said:
I believe it.

Jimmy Snyder said:
I believe it.

Wheedling for goat cheese won't accomplish anything. You blew it, even if you now sincerely believe in my story.

arildno said:
Wheedling for goat cheese won't accomplish anything. You blew it, even if you now sincerely believe in my story.
I believe it.

Jimmy Snyder said:
I believe it. Post #2

Jimmy Snyder said:
I believe it. Post #31
Jimmy repeats himself twice in one thread, news at eleven pm.

Rhody... o:)

1. What is a five-headed mooselet?

A five-headed mooselet is a fictional creature that does not exist in reality. It is likely a made-up creature for entertainment purposes.

2. Where was the five-headed mooselet spotted?

The five-headed mooselet was allegedly spotted in the capital of Norway, which is Oslo.

3. Is there any scientific evidence of the existence of a five-headed mooselet?

No, there is no scientific evidence to support the existence of a five-headed mooselet. It is likely a myth or a hoax.

4. What could be the explanation for the sighting of a five-headed mooselet in Norway?

There are a few possible explanations for the sighting. It could be a prank, a misidentification of a different animal, or simply a made-up story.

5. Have there been any other sightings of a five-headed mooselet in the past?

No, there have not been any other documented sightings of a five-headed mooselet. This is likely the only reported sighting of this creature.