Fixed Gain Op Amps | Pre-Set Resistance for Voltage Boost

In summary, the conversation discusses the availability of op amps with built-in resistors that offer fixed gain options. The speaker expresses the need for pre-set amplifiers to easily boost sensor outputs without needing to find or solder resistors. They also mention having trouble finding such amplifiers online. However, the expert summarizer points out that there are several options available, such as the MAX4174 and LTC6915.
refind
Are there any readily available op amps with built in resistors that give a fixed gain, say 5, 10, 50, 100 etc.

A lot of times I need to boost a sensor output and I'm too lazy to find/solder resistors do it. I'd rather buy a bunch of pre-set amplifiers that are ready to be plugged in and multiply my voltage.

Tried looking around on the web and couldn't locate anything.

Thanks.

Engineering news on Phys.org
refind said:
Tried looking around on the web and couldn't locate anything.

seriously ? ;)

I plugged you question into google and came up with dozens of hits

here's one example ... MAX4174

cheers
Dave

Likes davenn

1. What is a fixed gain op amp?

A fixed gain op amp is an electronic device that amplifies the input voltage signal by a predetermined amount, known as the gain. The gain is set by the manufacturer and cannot be adjusted by the user.

2. How do fixed gain op amps work?

Fixed gain op amps use a combination of resistors and transistors to amplify the input voltage signal. The gain is determined by the ratio of the input and feedback resistors within the op amp circuit.

3. What is pre-set resistance and how is it used in voltage boost?

Pre-set resistance is a fixed value resistor that is used to set the gain of the op amp. In voltage boost applications, the pre-set resistance is used to amplify the input voltage signal to a higher level.

4. What are the advantages of using fixed gain op amps?

The main advantage of fixed gain op amps is their simplicity and ease of use. They require minimal external components and have a fixed gain, making them ideal for applications where precise amplification is not necessary.

5. What are some common applications for fixed gain op amps?

Fixed gain op amps are commonly used in audio amplifiers, sensor signal conditioning, and voltage boost circuits. They are also used in power supplies, voltage regulators, and inverting amplifiers.