Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fixed nav bar..

1. Dec 11, 2015 #1
    Hello everyone..
    I was thinking about designing a navigation bar that would stay at the top of the body whenever the webpage is scrolled down.how can i do that?please help...
    Thanks in advance..

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 11, 2015 #2

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Have you looked at bootstrap.js? Take a look at the examples (http://getbootstrap.com/getting-started/#examples). They have a fixed nav bar example.

4. Dec 11, 2015 #3
    Thanks but is it possible to do it only with Css and HTML?

5. Dec 11, 2015 #4

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I haven't tried but I would think that you would need some javascript to get it to stay in place. If you haven't worked with javascript, the examples are mostly cut and paste.

6. Dec 11, 2015 #5
    Thanks...i would try'em..

7. Dec 11, 2015 #6

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Good luck. I've been working with the library and it's not too difficult. It's a good library to easily build pages that look the same across multiple browsers without having to code it yourself. The tutorials that I've seen are pretty good also.

8. Dec 11, 2015 #7
    Thanks.
    Can you tell me more about library and it's tutorials?

9. Dec 11, 2015 #8

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I watched this tutorial and found it very helpful. As you watch the tutorial, he references the getbootstrap.com page and how to work with the docs and examples. By the end, you should be feeling like a whole world has opened in front of you. :smile:

10. Dec 11, 2015 #9
    Thanks..

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook