Hi. Earlier today my xbox was giving me the three red lights around the power button that signal a hardware malfunction. I went online to try to find a way to fix it, and almost all of the methods involved opening up the xbox and fiddling with the circuit board. I was, however, unwilling to take that risk. I did find the following, however: If you take 3 or 4 towels, turn on your xbox, and wrap the xbox up in the towels, you will force the xbox to overheat. Then you take off the towels, turn off the xbox, and let it cooldown. Then you turn it on and it should work. I tried this on my xbox, and I was very astonished that is actually worked. My question is: Why would overheating fix a hardware problem?