FlashForward TV Show - Cast, Plot & Reviews

• Thread starter Monocerotis
  • Start date
In summary, the show is based on a book and has a good cast. It's unclear if the show will be good or not yet, but it seems promising.
Physics news on Phys.org

Seems to me like a ripoff of Lost.

Quincy said:
Seems to me like a ripoff of Lost.

hard to say, 5 seasons and no one but the creators and writers has any idea what's going on.

Probably have better luck finding the higgs boson than understanding what's going to happen in LOST.

Monocerotis said:
Anyone else watch it on Thursday ?

I read the book the show is based on last year and it was pretty good; the show takes the story on from a series of different perspectives but it's entertaining nonetheless.

Cast is loaded with good actors which is a bonus.

http://www.tv.com/flashforward/show/76455/summary.html?q=FlashForward&tag=search_results;title;1

I caught part of an episode last night. Dunno what I think yet. First impression: The premise was intersting but I smell a soap opera!

I really enjoyed it, but will withhold judgement until I've seen a few more episodes.

I watched the episode online the other day. After I got past the cheezy effects in the beginning the show started to look like it was going to get pretty interesting. I think the show will get pretty good, especially after that cliffhanger to end the first episode!

I watched it, since I'm an avid Robert Sawyer fan.

The premise was pretty faithful to the novel, except:
- the time offset was more like 20 years
- electronic devices stopped working during the interval (in some sort of quantum observer effect handwaving)
- there was no bad guy

BTW, I devour RJS because his stories are incredibly audacious.

Just one example: In End of An Era, the story involves a travel in time to the Jurassic Era and the discovery that Martian amoeba-like creatures are entering and controlling dinosaurs. In any other author's work, this discovery might be the climax. In RJS' work, it happens in chapter 1 and proceeds from there.

Last edited:

This show reminds me of a show where the main character could travel 7 days into the past to avert national disatsters and crimes. It was really good, so of course it was cancelled. The show was called "seven days".

1. What is the premise of FlashForward?

The premise of FlashForward is that everyone in the world experiences a blackout for two minutes and seventeen seconds, during which they see a glimpse of their future. The show follows the characters as they try to piece together the events of the blackout and deal with the consequences of what they saw.

2. Who are the main cast members of FlashForward?

The main cast members of FlashForward include Joseph Fiennes as FBI agent Mark Benford, John Cho as FBI agent Demetri Noh, Sonya Walger as Mark's wife Olivia Benford, and Dominic Monaghan as physicist Simon Campos. Other notable cast members include Courtney B. Vance, Jack Davenport, and Gabrielle Union.

3. How many seasons of FlashForward were there?

There was only one season of FlashForward, which aired in 2009-2010. Despite its popularity, the show was cancelled after one season due to low ratings.

4. Is FlashForward based on a book or other source material?

Yes, FlashForward is based on a science fiction novel of the same name by Canadian author Robert J. Sawyer. The book was published in 1999 and won the Nebula Award for Best Novel.

5. How did critics and audiences respond to FlashForward?

Critics had mixed reviews for FlashForward, with some praising its ambitious premise and strong performances, while others criticized its slow pace and confusing plot. The show also had a dedicated fan base, but ultimately struggled to maintain high ratings. Overall, the response to FlashForward was mixed and it was cancelled after one season.