Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

FlashForward tv show

1. Sep 25, 2009 #1

Monocerotis

Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 25, 2009 #2
    Re: FlashForward

Seems to me like a ripoff of Lost.

4. Sep 25, 2009 #3

Monocerotis

Gold Member

hard to say, 5 seasons and no one but the creators and writers has any idea what's going on.

Probably have better luck finding the higgs boson than understanding what's going to happen in LOST.

5. Sep 26, 2009 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I caught part of an episode last night. Dunno what I think yet. First impression: The premise was intersting but I smell a soap opera!

6. Sep 26, 2009 #5

Danger

Gold Member

I really enjoyed it, but will withhold judgement until I've seen a few more episodes.

7. Sep 26, 2009 #6

I watched the episode online the other day. After I got past the cheezy effects in the beginning the show started to look like it was going to get pretty interesting. I think the show will get pretty good, especially after that cliffhanger to end the first episode!!

8. Sep 26, 2009 #7

DaveC426913

Gold Member

I watched it, since I'm an avid Robert Sawyer fan.

The premise was pretty faithful to the novel, except:
    - the time offset was more like 20 years
    - electronic devices stopped working during the interval (in some sort of quantum observer effect handwaving)
    - there was no bad guy

BTW, I devour RJS because his stories are incredibly audacious.

Just one example: In End of An Era, the story involves a travel in time to the Jurassic Era and the discovery that Martian amoeba-like creatures are entering and controlling dinosaurs. In any other author's work, this discovery might be the climax. In RJS' work, it happens in chapter 1 and proceeds from there.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  9. Sep 26, 2009 #8

Evo

Staff: Mentor

This show reminds me of a show where the main character could travel 7 days into the past to avert national disatsters and crimes. It was really good, so of course it was cancelled. The show was called "seven days".

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook