FlashForward tv show

Answers and Replies

Seems to me like a ripoff of Lost.

Monocerotis
Gold Member

Seems to me like a ripoff of Lost.

hard to say, 5 seasons and no one but the creators and writers has any idea what's going on.

Probably have better luck finding the higgs boson than understanding what's going to happen in LOST.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Anyone else watch it on Thursday ?

I read the book the show is based on last year and it was pretty good; the show takes the story on from a series of different perspectives but it's entertaining nonetheless.

Cast is loaded with good actors which is a bonus.

http://www.tv.com/flashforward/show/76455/summary.html?q=FlashForward&tag=search_results;title;1

I caught part of an episode last night. Dunno what I think yet. First impression: The premise was intersting but I smell a soap opera!

Danger
Gold Member

I really enjoyed it, but will withhold judgement until I've seen a few more episodes.

I watched the episode online the other day. After I got past the cheezy effects in the beginning the show started to look like it was going to get pretty interesting. I think the show will get pretty good, especially after that cliffhanger to end the first episode!!

DaveC426913
Gold Member

I watched it, since I'm an avid Robert Sawyer fan.

The premise was pretty faithful to the novel, except:
- the time offset was more like 20 years
- electronic devices stopped working during the interval (in some sort of quantum observer effect handwaving)
- there was no bad guy

BTW, I devour RJS because his stories are incredibly audacious.

Just one example: In End of An Era, the story involves a travel in time to the Jurassic Era and the discovery that Martian amoeba-like creatures are entering and controlling dinosaurs. In any other author's work, this discovery might be the climax. In RJS' work, it happens in chapter 1 and proceeds from there.

Last edited:
Evo
Mentor

This show reminds me of a show where the main character could travel 7 days into the past to avert national disatsters and crimes. It was really good, so of course it was cancelled. The show was called "seven days".