Fly High! Back to DC in a Brand New 737-800

• Thread starter Cyrus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Dc Flight
In summary, this shot is really cool and we flew right through the vapor trail of another airliner at 37,000 feet.
Cyrus
I got bored in the airplane and took a video of us taking off from LAX to Regan National. We were in a brand new 737-800, Alaska Airlines. It was a really nice flight. No one sat next to me and I had 3 seats to myself and stretched my legs across all three of them. :rolleyes:

Lots of Heavies at LAX.

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/7677/pict0005oc2.jpg

Thats a great shot at LAX, I got lucky on that one.

This shots pretty cool...we flew right through the vapor trail of another airliner at 37,000 feet. (That long streak above)

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/9020/pict0010nd9.jpg

I noticed that if you look out the window you can see like 7 other airliners all flying parallel with our airplane and tracking the same VORS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
lol, are you like that guy with the 12:00 flashing on his VCR?

moose said:
lol, are you like that guy with the 12:00 flashing on his VCR?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: It's true, I am.

cyrusabdollahi said:
I got bored in the airplane and took a video of us taking off from LAX to Regan National. We were in a brand new 737-800, Alaska Airlines. It was a really nice flight. No one sat next to me and I had 3 seats to myself and stretched my legs across all three of them. :rolleyes:

cool

marlon

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice shot out the window. Most of the time the planes I've taken have been in service for years and the windows are scratched.

:uhh: Aren't you supposed to have electronic equipment, like video recorders, turned OFF during take-off? (Hmm...which smiley does the best job of giving Cyrus the "evil eye?" ...ah, maybe this one... :grumpy:)

Moonbear said:
:uhh: Aren't you supposed to have electronic equipment, like video recorders, turned OFF during take-off? (Hmm...which smiley does the best job of giving Cyrus the "evil eye?" ...ah, maybe this one... :grumpy:)

Ha ha ha, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :blushing:

Im pretty sure my digital camera, which does not give off radio signals, is not going to mess with the ATC.

1. What is the purpose of the "Fly High! Back to DC in a Brand New 737-800" project?

The purpose of this project is to test the capabilities and performance of a new Boeing 737-800 aircraft on a return flight from an airport in Washington D.C. to another destination. This will provide valuable data and insights for future improvements in aircraft design and technology.

2. How was the destination for the flight chosen?

The destination for this flight was chosen based on a number of factors such as distance, weather conditions, and air traffic. The goal was to select a location that would provide a good test environment for the new aircraft.

3. What kind of tests will be conducted during the flight?

Various tests will be conducted during the flight to evaluate the performance of the new aircraft. These may include tests on speed, altitude, fuel efficiency, aerodynamics, and more. Additionally, the flight crew will also be monitoring the aircraft's systems and collecting data for analysis.

4. How long will the flight take?

The flight is estimated to take approximately 2-3 hours, depending on weather conditions and air traffic. However, the exact duration of the flight may vary based on any unforeseen circumstances.

5. When will the results of the flight be available?

The results of the flight will be available after thorough analysis of all the data collected during the flight. This process may take several weeks or months, depending on the complexity of the data and the number of tests conducted. The results will be shared with the public and other relevant parties once they are finalized.

Back