Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Flight back to DC

1. Jan 15, 2007 #1
    I got bored in the airplane and took a video of us taking off from LAX to Regan National. We were in a brand new 737-800, Alaska Airlines. It was a really nice flight. No one sat next to me and I had 3 seats to myself and stretched my legs across all three of them. :rolleyes:

Lots of Heavies at LAX.

[​IMG]

Thats a great shot at LAX, I got lucky on that one.

This shots pretty cool...we flew right through the vapor trail of another airliner at 37,000 feet. (That long streak above)

[​IMG]

I noticed that if you look out the window you can see like 7 other airliners all flying parallel with our airplane and tracking the same VORS.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 15, 2007 #2
    lol, are you like that guy with the 12:00 flashing on his VCR?

4. Jan 15, 2007 #3
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: It's true, I am.

5. Jan 15, 2007 #4
    cool

marlon

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  6. Jan 15, 2007 #5

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Nice shot out the window. Most of the time the planes I've taken have been in service for years and the windows are scratched.

7. Jan 15, 2007 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:uhh: Aren't you supposed to have electronic equipment, like video recorders, turned OFF during take-off? (Hmm...which smiley does the best job of giving Cyrus the "evil eye?" ...ah, maybe this one... :grumpy:)

8. Jan 15, 2007 #7
    Ha ha ha, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :blushing:

Im pretty sure my digital camera, which does not give off radio signals, is not going to mess with the ATC.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?