Understanding the Logic Circuit of JK Flip Flop with Direct Inputs

• Thread starter JasonHathaway
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about finding the logic circuit for a JK flip flop with direct inputs of Clear and Preset. The person is specifically looking for a circuit using AND-NOR and NAND combinations and is seeking help from the group. They have an AND-NOR combination from their instructor, but need a method to convert it to a NAND combination. The person also provides a link to a Texas Instruments Datasheet for reference.
JasonHathaway
Hi everyone,What is the logic circuit of JK flip flop with direct inputs (Clear and Preset)?

I need circuit with AND-NOR and NAND combinations if that possible.Thanks in advance

Engineering news on Phys.org
JasonHathaway said:
Hi everyone,What is the logic circuit of JK flip flop with direct inputs (Clear and Preset)?

I need circuit with AND-NOR and NAND combinations if that possible.Thanks in advance

When you do a Google Images search on JK Flipflop Circuitry, what do you find? :-)

Please, I'm not that lazy. I've the AND-NOR combination (which my instructor gave me and I'm not sure if it's right or wrong):

I need to know the NAND combination because my instructor didn't gave me any method to convert between AND-NOR and NAND combinations.

JasonHathaway said:
I've the AND-NOR combination (which my instructor gave me and I'm not sure if it's right or wrong):
How can we know what you have or if what you have is correct? You need to provide a link or attach it to your post.

upload_2015-1-21_20-46-22.png

Here you are. Copied from Texas Instruments Datasheet.

What are flip flops with direct inputs?

Flip flops with direct inputs are electronic circuits that store a single bit of information and can be controlled by external inputs. They are commonly used in digital electronics to store data and perform simple logic operations.

How do flip flops with direct inputs work?

Flip flops with direct inputs work by using a feedback loop to store a single bit of information. They have two stable states, 0 and 1, and can be switched between these states by applying a clock signal and external inputs.

What is the difference between flip flops with direct inputs and other types of flip flops?

The main difference between flip flops with direct inputs and other types of flip flops is that they have additional inputs that allow for direct control over the stored data. This allows for more flexibility in digital logic circuits.

What are some common applications of flip flops with direct inputs?

Flip flops with direct inputs are commonly used in digital counters, shift registers, and other digital logic circuits. They are also used in microprocessors and other digital electronic devices.

What are the advantages of using flip flops with direct inputs?

The main advantage of using flip flops with direct inputs is their flexibility in digital logic circuits. They can be easily controlled and integrated with other electronic components, making them useful in a wide range of applications.