Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Flipped-SU(5) intro?

1. Nov 22, 2007 #1

mjsd

Homework Helper

new to flipped-SU(5)

wish to learn some intro stuffs on this gauge model: flipped-SU(5), its structure, phenomenologies, properties...etc.
    can someone kind enough to suggest some references, review articles which discuss this topic extensively?

thanks in advance

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 23, 2007 #2
    mjsd---

See section 1.4 of this paper. I worked out the details of the higgsing of fSU(5) -> standard model. As for more detailed phenomenology, I'd check papers by Nanopoulous (if I spelled his name correctly).

The main difference is that the 10 is used for higgsing, as opposed to the 24 + higher reps in traditional SU(5) GUTs.

4. Nov 24, 2007 #3

mjsd

Homework Helper

thanks Ben!
    nice stuff.
    Yeah, I started reading some paper by J. Ellis, D. Nanopoulos.. but many of them are in the context of SUSY or String, which is not what I want... I am just a lowly neutrino physics man
    anyway,.. still looking and reading
    :smile:
    thanks again.

5. Nov 26, 2007 #4
    You also might check out the original Barr paper, which is available on SPIRES.

6. Nov 27, 2007 #5

mjsd

Homework Helper

thanks

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?