1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Flipped-SU(5) intro?

1. Nov 22, 2007 #1

mjsd

Homework Helper

new to flipped-SU(5)

wish to learn some intro stuffs on this gauge model: flipped-SU(5), its structure, phenomenologies, properties...etc.
    can someone kind enough to suggest some references, review articles which discuss this topic extensively?

thanks in advance

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 23, 2007 #2
    mjsd---

See section 1.4 of this paper. I worked out the details of the higgsing of fSU(5) -> standard model. As for more detailed phenomenology, I'd check papers by Nanopoulous (if I spelled his name correctly).

The main difference is that the 10 is used for higgsing, as opposed to the 24 + higher reps in traditional SU(5) GUTs.

4. Nov 24, 2007 #3

mjsd

Homework Helper

thanks Ben!
    nice stuff.
    Yeah, I started reading some paper by J. Ellis, D. Nanopoulos.. but many of them are in the context of SUSY or String, which is not what I want... I am just a lowly neutrino physics man
    anyway,.. still looking and reading
    :smile:
    thanks again.

5. Nov 26, 2007 #4
    You also might check out the original Barr paper, which is available on SPIRES.

6. Nov 27, 2007 #5

mjsd

Homework Helper

thanks

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?