Floating Launch Loop: Is It Worth Exploring? - roboticsolutions.tech

In summary, the conversation discusses the development of a 2D space simulator that includes various systems such as rockets, space elevators, and spaceguns. One idea proposed is a floating launch loop using a super balloon structure to launch payloads above the atmosphere. The speaker is considering this as an alternative to their initial idea of a floating spacegun. They also mention their four-phase revive proposal, and whether the cost-effective SpaceX Falcon9 could be used for launching nuclear thermal rockets and payloads into geosynchronous orbit for a more affordable space elevator. However, limitations such as payload size and orbit reach are also discussed.
darkdave3000
im writing a 2d space simulator and in it i want to simulate rockets as well as things like space elevators and spaceguns to allow players to compare how each system works and compare pros and cons. one idea i want to include in that simulator is my own that i want to promote to the new president and NASA eventually and its a floating launch loop where a super balloon structure many kms in size will act as a launch loop for 20 ton payloads above the thickest portions of the atmosphere. do you think this idea is worth exploring as an alternative to my first idea of a floating spacegun? www.roboticsolutions.tech/phase2

which is part of my 4 phased revive proposal
www.roboticsolutions.tech/revive

or do you think spacxex falcon9 should be cost effective enough for america to do great things such as launch nuclear thermal rockets and payloads into geosynchronous orbit for a affordable space elevator 750tons?

Astronomy news on Phys.org
20 g over many seconds is certainly not for humans. 3.5 km/s is also not enough to get you anywhere, you still need a massive rocket. More massive than this system can launch.
Shooting vertically you are quite limited in orbits you can reach easily.

The payload of these airships will be tiny at 30 km altitude. To hold up the structure they have to be even higher, reducing the payload even more.

1. What is a Floating Launch Loop?

A Floating Launch Loop is a proposed system for launching payloads into orbit using a combination of floating platforms, high-speed trains, and electromagnetic propulsion. It is designed to be more efficient and cost-effective than traditional rocket launch systems.

2. How does a Floating Launch Loop work?

The Floating Launch Loop would consist of a series of floating platforms connected by a loop around the Earth. Payloads would be placed on high-speed trains and accelerated to a speed of Mach 12 using electromagnetic propulsion. The trains would then release the payloads onto a launch ramp, where they would be launched into orbit using rocket boosters.

3. What are the potential benefits of a Floating Launch Loop?

The Floating Launch Loop has the potential to significantly reduce the cost and environmental impact of launching payloads into orbit. It could also allow for larger payloads and more frequent launches, which could advance space exploration and development.

4. What are the challenges of implementing a Floating Launch Loop?

One of the main challenges of a Floating Launch Loop is the high initial cost of building the infrastructure. It would also require advanced technology and precise engineering to ensure the safety and success of launches. Additionally, there may be regulatory and political challenges to overcome.

5. Is the Floating Launch Loop worth exploring?

The potential benefits of the Floating Launch Loop make it a concept worth exploring. However, further research and development are needed to determine its feasibility and viability. It is important to carefully consider the potential challenges and risks before moving forward with the concept.