Flooding in the west

tribdog said:
keep your wet post away from his end. There are minors around here
Yomamma's a corrupt troll. He won't even notice or care.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
tribdog said:
My boss called me today and said it would be better if I drove out there today so I could get to work in the morning. You ever have a boss who just assumes you have nothing better to do than go to work? I don't want to leave today, but in order to get to work in the morning I'm probably going to have to leave at 2 or 3 AM
That's insane! You sure don't want to be on the roads that hour of the night tonight of all nights! You'll spend half the drive dodging drunk drivers and the other half sitting in line at checkpoints. Your boss sounds a bit unreasonable. I guess you could just say "okay," and then call whenever you really leave and tell him you've been stuck in ridiculous traffic for hours, must be some bad accident, the cars aren't even moving, you'll be a bit late. Oh, right, you're actually honest. Why do you have to start work first thing in the morning on New Year's Day? Can't the job wait to be started on Monday?

loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Well, apparently Sonoma County is flooding all over the place. Mudslides in Santa Rosa and water knee-deep in parts of Petaluma. Our apartment is wedged directly between those two cities, so I hope it's okay. We're on the second floor, but even so. I'm getting gladder and gladder not to be there. It's been raining all day here in Long Beach, but nowhere near flood levels. The Alamitos Bay and the canals are still well below the sidewalk, and the piers aren't really rising.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
OT, LYN, are they going to close the Queen Mary? I heard something in the news.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
The worst here in Fresno is transformers blowing up left and right....

Pengwuino said:
The worst here in Fresno is transformers blowing up left and right....
That happend to us this moring the power was out for most of the day.The pumps in the basment didn't work and it got flooded