Flow measurement in venturi meter

In summary, the conversation discusses the process of finding the theoretical flow rate using a venturi-meter installed in a pipe with a 30mm diameter. The individual is having trouble finding the answer due to confusion about the diameter of the pipe and the use of A1 and A2 in the formula. They also discuss finding the pressure difference (P1-P2) and the use of a U-tube manometer. The conversation then shifts to finding the pressure at a depth in a liquid and determining the appropriate reference points for this calculation. They also mention the importance of having the same liquid at the reference points.
freshbox said:
The answer from post #1 0.064 L/s is written by my lecturer.

Sorry, the given answer is correct.

Show your steps, I can't point out the error in your working unless you show your calculations.

Physics news on Phys.org
P1-9810(0.045)=Px
P2-9810(0.027)=Py

P1-P2=176.58

I forget the Square at [A1/A2]

My final answer is 0.27L/s

Attachments

• as.jpg
    as.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 355
freshbox said:
P1-9810(0.045)=Px
P2-9810(0.027)=Py

P1-P2=176.58

I already said you to omit g. Also, don't forget to multiply with coefficient of discharge.

Check the term outside the radical, It should be ##\pi(0.015)^2##.

I thought the question is asking to find the theoretical flow rate so why we have to multiply Cd?

And can you explain to me how you get P1-P2 again?

I used to add all the pressure together, but I see that you subtract them.Thanks.

freshbox said:
I thought the question is asking to find the theoretical flow rate so why we have to multiply Cd?

The question states that we have to find the water flow rate and 0.064 L/s is the actual flow rate. That's why I asked you to multiply with Cd.
And can you explain to me how you get P1-P2 again?
Explaining things is not my strong point, I thought you had some problem in arithmetic but I did not know that you haven't yet learned about calculating pressure at a depth. I would suggest you to ask your lecturer or wait for someone else to join.