Test Dragster Lift/Drag w/ SolidWorks Flow Simulation

In summary, the conversation revolves around someone looking for help with testing their dragster using SolidWorks or any CFD software. They have been unsuccessful in finding a solution and are now seeking assistance from others. Suggestions are made to hire an engineering firm or fund a senior design project, but it is unlikely that anyone will do the simulation for free. Another individual mentions their own work with butterfly valve simulation and suggests creating a separate thread for those questions.
H.wang
Is anyone willing to test my dragster in SolidWorks or any kind of cfd software? I been looking all over for some kind of CFD to test my dragster but with no luck and I decided to try SolidWorks, which went well until I realized that I my version doesn't have flow simulation. :cry: Can someone please help me, I just want to know how much lift and drag my dragster produces?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Anyone, I really need help!

You've got to be kidding me.

No one is going to take the time to do a 3D simulation of your dragster. If this is something that you must analyze why don't you hire an engineering firm that will perform these simulations for you for a cost.

Thanks
Matt

If you want cheap work, try heading to a local university and funding a senior design project. No one is going to do that task for free, and if they do, well then you're going to get what you pay for.

hi i am working in butterfly valve simulation using flunnet software if anyone worked on this region we can compare the results

mah rababah,

Make a new thread for your butterfly valve simulation questions. Don't add it to the end of this one. Also, I believe you are using FLUENT software not Flunnet, is that correct?

Thanks
Matt

hhhhhhhhhhh thanks but iam trying to solve this proplem but there is limitation in the sources i need some help to evaluate my work can you help me??

1. How does drag affect the performance of a test dragster?

Drag is a force that acts in the opposite direction of motion and can significantly impact the performance of a test dragster. As the dragster moves through the air, it experiences resistance from the air molecules which reduces its speed and acceleration. This can result in slower speeds and longer times for the dragster to complete a race.

2. What is lift and how does it affect the stability of a test dragster?

Lift is an upward force that acts perpendicular to the direction of motion. In the case of a test dragster, lift can be generated by the shape of the car and its wings. This lift force helps to keep the dragster stable and prevents it from flipping over. However, too much lift can also affect the performance of the dragster by causing it to lose traction and slow down.

3. How can SolidWorks Flow Simulation be used to analyze the lift and drag of a test dragster?

SolidWorks Flow Simulation is a computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software that can simulate the airflow around a test dragster. By creating a virtual model of the dragster and running simulations, engineers can analyze the lift and drag forces acting on the car. This allows for the optimization of the dragster's design for better performance.

4. What factors can affect the lift and drag of a test dragster?

There are several factors that can impact the lift and drag of a test dragster, including the shape and size of the car, the angle of the wings, the speed of the dragster, and the density of the air. Other factors such as surface roughness and turbulence can also have an effect on these forces.

5. How can the data from SolidWorks Flow Simulation be used to improve the performance of a test dragster?

The data obtained from SolidWorks Flow Simulation can be used to make design changes to the test dragster in order to optimize its performance. By analyzing the lift and drag forces, engineers can adjust the shape and size of the car, as well as the angle and placement of the wings, to reduce drag and increase lift. This can ultimately lead to faster speeds and better performance on the race track.