Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Flowers, but which

1. Mar 22, 2009 #1
    Okay so there is this flower power photo contest and I encounter this selection problem. Only hundreds more and only one to post. The short list:

344txd3.jpg

25kplbc.jpg

2evgaok.jpg

jrthmt.jpg

2dub9dv.jpg

2qxuzol.jpg

e8r1hz.jpg

s2haoo.jpg

2i7u8u8.jpg

2uek36b.jpg

2uojm75.jpg

ofxb4j.jpg

30uxwde.jpg

14mq2ro.jpg

Which one shall I post?

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 22, 2009 #2

Danger

Gold Member

It's really up to you, as to which one best represents your personal artistic attitude. For my two cents, I like the first butterfly one best (the 10th one in your sequence).

4. Mar 22, 2009 #3

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Whoa...Andre, all your flower shots are so unbelievable! It's nearly impossible to choose...but if I had to I guess it would be....D'OH! Can't do it!

OK, I guess the first one. Or the second. The one with the butterfly with the exact matching color is nice too, though.

Darn, really can't do it.

5. Mar 22, 2009 #4
    The most beautiful flower is a happy woman, but it seems to be missing from your list.

6. Mar 22, 2009 #5
    Just don't do the Dahlia,:uhh:

7. Mar 22, 2009 #6
    Aside from "Flower Power" what is the contest description? The question I would ask first is whether this particular contest is primarily about photography or primarily about flowers.

8. Mar 22, 2009 #7

Borek

Staff: Mentor

9. Mar 22, 2009 #8
    Definately the first picture.

10. Mar 22, 2009 #9
    my first and second choices:

2qxuzol.jpg

2uojm75.jpg

11. Mar 22, 2009 #10

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Love all the pics with the butterflies. Nice butterflies too. At the Butterfly Conversation here there is only many ugly butterfiles.

I'm not a fan of structures made of flowers though. I enjoy the natural look.

12. Mar 22, 2009 #11
    all butterflies (particularly # 10) + 1
    everything else - 1

(I like simple, natural and light colors/things.. so I judged on the basis of that)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook