How can I check units in Ansys Fluent 18 with SpaceClaim?

In summary, the conversation discusses the differences between using Ansys Fluent 16 and 18, specifically in relation to checking units and highlighting the XY plane. The speaker offers guidance on how to check units and highlight the plane in Ansys Fluent 18.
mech-eng
I use Ansys Fluent 18 but the lectures I follow use 16. So there are lots of things different. For example I cannot determine where the units are.

In the abvoe vid at 0.12 units are being checked. How can I check them in 18the version i.e SpaceClaim.
And I cannot hightlight xy plane as did in the vid. Here is my interface

ansys interface2.png
Thank you.

Last edited:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
It sounds like you are experiencing some difficulties with using Ansys Fluent 18 compared to the lectures you are following. I can understand how frustrating it can be when different versions of software have different features and interfaces.

To check the units in Ansys Fluent 18, you can go to the "Units" tab under "General Settings" in the "Solution" menu. From there, you can select the units you want to use for length, time, mass, and temperature. You can also change the units for specific variables under the "Display" tab in the "Solution" menu.

As for highlighting the XY plane, you can do this by going to "View" and selecting "XY Plane" from the drop-down menu. This will create a new coordinate system with the XY plane as the active plane.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions. Good luck with your studies!

1. How do I change the units in Ansys Fluent 18 with SpaceClaim?

To change the units in Ansys Fluent 18 with SpaceClaim, you can go to the "Units" tab under the "Setup" section in the Fluent interface. From there, you can select the desired units for length, time, temperature, and pressure. You can also change the units for specific variables by right-clicking on the variable and selecting "Change Units".

2. How can I check the current units in Ansys Fluent 18 with SpaceClaim?

To check the current units in Ansys Fluent 18 with SpaceClaim, you can go to the "Units" tab under the "Setup" section in the Fluent interface. The current units for length, time, temperature, and pressure will be displayed in the corresponding drop-down menus. You can also check the units for specific variables by right-clicking on the variable and selecting "Change Units".

3. Can I change the units for individual objects or parts in Ansys Fluent 18 with SpaceClaim?

Yes, you can change the units for individual objects or parts in Ansys Fluent 18 with SpaceClaim. You can do this by right-clicking on the object or part, selecting "Properties", and then changing the units in the "Units" tab. This will only change the units for that specific object or part, while the overall units for the simulation can still be set in the "Units" tab under the "Setup" section.

4. How do I ensure consistency between units in Ansys Fluent 18 and SpaceClaim?

To ensure consistency between units in Ansys Fluent 18 and SpaceClaim, it is important to set the units in both programs to be the same. You can do this by going to the "Units" tab in both Fluent and SpaceClaim and selecting the desired units for length, time, temperature, and pressure. It is also important to double-check the units for specific variables to make sure they are consistent.

5. Can I convert units in Ansys Fluent 18 with SpaceClaim?

Yes, you can convert units in Ansys Fluent 18 with SpaceClaim. You can do this by first setting the desired units in the "Units" tab under the "Setup" section in Fluent. Then, in SpaceClaim, you can right-click on the object or part and select "Properties". From there, you can click on the "Convert Units" button and enter the desired units to convert to. This will convert the units for that specific object or part while keeping the overall units for the simulation the same.