Fluid dynamics, mass flow rate

In summary, the conversation involves one person asking for guidance on their task and another person requesting that attachments be posted in a more readable format in the future. The second person also suggests typing out questions instead of posting photos for better clarity.
Camerontocher
I've Attached the question and my answer to question 1 to task 3 and guidance if I've done it right? Or any guidance?
image.jpg
image.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
Ouch. I just sprained my neck trying to read this. You will be receiving my doctor's bill.:biggrin:

Please, in the future, post attachments so that they can be read vertically.

Also, on a short question like this, please type out your question rather than posting a photo of the text.

Chet

I didn't want to type it out as it had a diagram

Camerontocher said:
I didn't want to type it out as it had a diagram
What I'm saying is that, if you had at least typed it out, then all we would have had to do would been to look at the diagram sideways and not the text. Please do us other members (who are here to help you) a favor and re-photograph it vertically for us. Thanks.

Chet

Last edited:

1. What is fluid dynamics?

Fluid dynamics is the study of how fluids (liquids and gases) move and interact with their surroundings. It involves examining the forces and pressures that affect fluid motion, as well as the properties of fluids themselves.

2. How is mass flow rate calculated?

Mass flow rate is calculated by dividing the mass of a fluid passing through a specific point in a given amount of time by the time it takes to pass through that point. It is typically measured in units of kilograms per second (kg/s).

3. What factors affect mass flow rate?

Mass flow rate can be affected by several factors, including the density and velocity of the fluid, the size and shape of the container or channel through which the fluid is flowing, and any external forces or pressures that may be acting on the fluid.

4. How does fluid viscosity affect mass flow rate?

Fluid viscosity, or the resistance of a fluid to flow, can have a significant impact on mass flow rate. Higher viscosity fluids tend to flow more slowly, resulting in a lower mass flow rate, while lower viscosity fluids flow more quickly and have a higher mass flow rate.

5. What are some real-world applications of mass flow rate?

Mass flow rate is an important concept in a variety of fields, including engineering, environmental science, and biology. It is used to calculate the flow of fluids through pipes and channels, to monitor air and water pollution, and to measure blood flow in the human body, among other applications.